London fire..

by zeb 35 Replies latest social current

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

whenever tragic news comes from a place far removed, I am no longer numbed by the distance or the idea that I don't know anyone-in the old days we would care, but it was really removed from our life, our experience and our relationships. The world is truly a smaller place as we have not only instant access to news, we have online friends, associates and business partners all over the country, continent and world. Families are more mobile. I've lived on 3 continents. I have family everywhere but Antarctica.

Without any travel or interner, the horrific nature of this tragedy touches all of us. The generosity of neighbors touches us and the greed and self serving interest of the owners and uselessness of govt at times enrages. It's bad enough when a landlords greed is inconvenient to tenants, but endangering them? unconsionable.

I hope this wakes up building inspectors and code enforcement worlwide. This is not something that should happen anywhere, much less in a city like London.

🙁My heart broke.

• Splash
    Splash

There are 8 congregations (not k.halls) within 1.5 miles of that disaster.

In the spirit of charity and Christian kindness, I hope they have been able to organise some relief for those affected.

• freddo
    freddo

London Bethel on the Ridgeway is less than 10 miles away. I bet they've been sending supplies and donations by the truckload.

• Carol1111
    Carol1111

I'm sorry for the emergency services who have to deal with this. It is horrendous.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Splash - There are 8 congregations (not k.halls) within 1.5 miles of that disaster. In the spirit of charity and Christian kindness, I hope they have been able to organise some relief for those affected.
    That's a joke, right?Perhaps the individual members of each KH will donate something, but the Borg as a whole get together and donate, like I said, that's a joke, right?
  • Splash
    Splash
    ShirleyW That's a joke, right?

News reports say that the local churches are providing food and shelter and organising collections and volunteers.

If that's what Satan's organisation has managed, how much more love must be being shown by Jehovah's organisation?

That and an advertising trolley.

• waton
    waton

That is a very tragic way have your life disrupted, and have to live in a human warehouse like that to start with. do not copy the wt example (of their funeral talk) to use the event as an anti wt tirade please.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Many unanswered questions here re sprinkler systems? Smoke alarms? Highly combustible building materials?Electrical fault?

I suspect a few heads will roll over this one. I know I would be demanding answers if it were my neighbourhood.

• Splash
    Splash

Waton, you're right

Just watching it on​ the news right now, it's heartbreaking. So much sadness. So much distress. I've never seen such a thing, a funeral pyre would not have ignited so rapidly. I wonder how many bodies are still in there.

It's heartening to see the community response there.

• cofty
    cofty

There is going to be a public inquest.

There is far too much speculation and political opportunism at the moment.

The facts will all found revealed eventually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit