What should I visit while in New York

by wannaexit 35 Replies latest jw friends

• truth doubter
    truth doubter
    Take the free Staten Island Ferry ride. You'll get a great view of the statue of liberty. No need to go to the statue, but , if you do, don't take the stairs to the top you'll regret it.
  • The Big Machine
    The Big Machine

NYC is my favourite city in the world and try to visit at least once s year. In fact, I'll be there next weekend.

Everyone's suggestions are really good and I'll second the Brooklyn Bridge and Top of the Rock suggestions as both are my favourite things to do. I suggest taking a subway to the Brooklyn side of the Brooklyn Bridge, eating dinner at one of the many good restaurants around there (I suggest Juliana's Pizza is you like pizza) and walking across the Brooklyn Bridge towards Manhattan when it's dark. Might be the highlight of your trip.

i also recommend taking the free Staten Island ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. Although it doesn't go to the island with the statute of Liberty, it goes very close so you can get great pictures. Can't argue with free.

NYC is a perfect walking city so I also just like picking a neighbourhood and exploring it. I like the Free Tours By Foot tour company. They are walking tours with a group of people and a guide. They are free except for a tip for your guide at the end of the tour. $10 or $20 per person is usually what I pay. They have a lot of 2 hour tours, food tours, and even 6 hour all in one tours. The first time I went to NYC I did an all in one 6 hour your after reading about this tour company on trip advisor and it was the best decision I ever made. Saw so much and had so much fun. Now I do their tours whenever I'm there. This trip I'm doing 3 different 2 hour tours.

Hope you have a good time!

• The Big Machine
    The Big Machine
    Sorry about my typos, I typed all that up on my phone.
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I've been in NYC for 5 days while traveling home from Panama. Wasted 2 days on cult buildings. What a shame.

On the bright side, I really loved the trip to Wallkill/Patterson as the city was a bit too busy for me, coming back from a tiny 2nd-world village in the middle of nowhere. Loved the scenery as well.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    Try to catch some music at the Village Vanguard, a great, historic jazz venue.
  • Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I love New York. My personal favourites are Central Park, the Staten Island ferry, walking the Brookly bridge, Grand central and the empire state/chrysler buildings. And the various things you stumble upon in the subways from people playing the sax to full dance troupes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit