Waves in Gravity detected, another lucky hit?

by prologos 28 Replies latest social humour

• prologos
    prologos

kalk: "That was around 2006. Yes, these aluminium cylinders did not yield replicable results, and the more recent good news out of Antarctica turned out to be disappointments too. There are thoughts though, that all happenings in the cosmos are kind of waves, vibrations, of strings even, loosely comparable to what we hear. but:

The Gen 1 quote in the OP speaks of vibrations preceding the events, and the gravity waves detected were merely the result of the merger event.

• bohm
    bohm
    kaik: I remember that one of my class in undergrad, we were discussing the observation of the gravity wave, which suppose to happen for the first time ever. That was around 2006. I know it, because I still have a post on the internet from that year.

There seems to be two options:

• Gravity waves were directly observed ca. 2006 but everyone forgot OR
    • you remember wrong (you might be remembering observations of radio emisions from pulsars which match what can be expected if gravity waves did exist)
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Didn't Zod use a gravity-wave machine to try and "kryptoform" Earth in Man of Steel?

And more importantly, why did the machine sound like dubstep?

• kaik
    kaik

Bohm,

I do not want to argue with you, but I can certainly look up my name on the google to get the post, which I did, and that we as class back then had discussed that the first observation of the gravity wave. While the URL link from 2006 where this news came from is no more available, I certainly know my name and school I went to to locate 10 years old post. Any case, the wave gravity discussions are around for years. When they were first observed, I do not know, but in my Earth science class, we talked about it under the accredited curriculum.

• bohm
    bohm

Kaik: i am not arguing, i am just puzzled that you seems to believe gravity waves were first observed ten years ago and nobody paid any attention, including the only people working on experiments that could potentially observe gravity waves.

• kaik
    kaik
    I am not sure who did not pay attention and what, and what I believe is irrelevant to this topic. I only said, we had in the school a discussion on the gravity waves back in 2006. There was a post where somewhere from the news where this observation was published. I only know the year, because the post is still there under under my name within the discussion forum.
  • bohm
    bohm
    Kaik: well, when you find the post, do inform the Nobel prize committee before they hand out the prize to the wrong team :-).
  • kaik
    kaik

Bohm, not sure what you are trying to achieve by insulting me (you are not succeeding), but again, I know where the post is. I do know how to google my name, and I actually review it in the discussion forum within the other people who commented. I did not create the forum, nor I was the author news that published it. You should take your whining to that media outlet that published it back then in 2006.

And when it comes to the Nobel prize, I do no think much of it, when it was awarded to killers like Arafat and Gorbachev. Now go back to your favorite things on JWN, which is trolling. I told you that already under Paris discussion in November that you are troll. You were always troll and you always will remain a troll. This all you can be on JWN.

• bohm
    bohm
    kaik: actually i have not insulted you but just pointed out that you either misunderstood or misremember whatever you might have read in 2006. If you consider that trolling so be it and for my sake you are free to believe gravity waves were observed in 2006; i just find it facinating you seem to assume you remember correctly and all other scientists have forgotten thats all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit