More lies from fake news.

by mickbobcat 42 Replies latest social current

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@joey: in my lifetime, the coral reef has been bleached and “died” several times now. We had 5 bleach events as you said that killed each 80-90% of the reefs. Serious question: if 80% died in the first event, where did the 90% of the last event come from?

Facts: per NOAA only 27% has died or bleached since they started monitoring these things, well over a century ago, and up to 32% MAY die/bleach in the next 30-something years. Moreover, 90% of the coral reef that died/bleached in the last event has regrown already, but just like tree coverage literally nobody is accounting for both human and natural coral reef regrown across the world, literally you cannot find any data or get funding for these sorts of studies, even though many countries across the world have successfully regrown massive reefs and reefs naturally grow on ship wrecks and most of the reefs affected during the bleach events have successfully recovered, that isn’t even taken up into the NOAA statistics, nowhere does the graph go back up.

When someone publishes data that has no error bars or noise, you know they’re sending bullshit up and down the chain. How long had Greenpeace shown graphs of the loss of tree coverage in the world, the loss of various other things, Canada has bankrupted entire fishery communities on this data without any evidence, Canadian fisheries can see other countries like Portuguese ships hauling up tons of fish in destructive, 30 year old trawlers right off Canadian waters without any response from their navy or coast guard but the native Inuit and Canadian citizens are themselves forbidden from creating sustainable fisheries, all based on data from Greenpeace and co that is completely false in the face of modern scientific evidence and hasn’t been updated in 20 years since the “temporary” ban on fishing.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Anon, I was talking about the great barrier reef in particular. And nowhere did I say it had died. Bleaching is due to heat stress, sometimes the reef recovers and sometimes it doesn't.

What exactly is your point?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

https://sciencefeedback.co/claimreview/sky-news-australia-interview-falsely-claims-that-global-cooling-is-coming-soon/

Vidqun, is this the interview you are talking about?

That's an example of why I don't listen to headline grabbing shock jock's posing as climate experts.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Another thing is there is no way in hell that the world is going off of fossil fuel. It can not. You can not run a plane on sun or battery. Sure you can make a bear bones glider that flies slower than shit but its only a big toy not something that does actual work. Batteries are not advanced enough to even make it practical for cars for long distance travel. I don't even buy that you can make a truck that can haul trailers such as truckers use with batteries. Not only this but the cost of and carbon foot print to build a wind generator and how long it lasts makes it useless to get rid of fossil fuel. Solar is the same way. It takes tons of concrete and steel, fiberglass and oil derivatives to make solar and wind production, not to mention the wind does not always blow unlike Democrats, and the sun does not shine all day. So you have to have a fossil fuel plant idling in the back ground to make up for short falls. This idea that we can simply turn off fossil fuel use is so stupid you have to be a democrat to buy into this bull shit.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-united-airlines-electric-planes-heart-aerospace-20210713-nvbdmpmpandj3nrxx2wrbeyrbq-story.html%3foutputType=ampi

Mick:"you can't run a plane on solar or battery".

Yes you can mick, it's been happening for a while now.

Just because you really believe that what you say is right and describe what others say as bullshit, doesn't mean you are actually right.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Joey jojo, here's the ones I watched. I was pleasantly surprised when I listened to his segments. I totally agree with his arguments. The sun is the main driver of climate change. He follows scientists and science not popular with MSM or politicians. These do not fit their special agendas.

Correction: I said CO2 is 0.4% of the gases in the atmosphere. It's actually 0.04%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViY2J3LPgN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJv8SZ2Ngmo&t=294s

You've got a point with electric planes though. United Airlines just bought a fleet of electric planes for regional routes.

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/united-airlines-lands-order-purchase-100-new-electric-planes

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Google: Earth's atmosphere is composed of about 78 percent nitrogen, 21 percent oxygen, 0.9 percent argon, and 0.1 percent other gases. Trace amounts of carbon dioxide, methane, water vapor, and neon are some of the other gases that make up the remaining 0.1 percent.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I’ve never listened to Sky News in my life. I see absolutely nothing crazy about the above clip, quite the contrary actually.

Crazy is when people admit wanting to make vast amounts of money by using the Media to create hype so they can try to vaccinate the world because their Influenza vaccine plan isn’t working, and they have the patents for the vaccines before the virus hits, and the virus has also been patented…

DD 🤔

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@joey: I was talking about the same thing. Bleaching = death when it comes to reefs, however as I said, even the Great Barrier Reef has recovered almost all of its last bleach event.

You can find articles on it but it’s not widely reported on because it doesn’t fit the narrative. It’s also unnatural to assume that the Great Barrier Reef should remain static and that anything that happens to it is man-made, there are a LOT more reefs growing across the world we aren’t talking about.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang
    sea levels are in actual fact rising a millimeter or so per year in the northern hemisphere and not at all in the southern hemisphere.

It might not be a good idea to suggest this to the residents of a New Zealand community called Carters Beach (on its South Island's West Coast).

They might rather strongly disagree with you!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/west-coast/101149344/storm-accelerates-coastal-erosion-at-carters-beach

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit