More lies from fake news.

by mickbobcat 42 Replies latest social current

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@joey: that’s what Democrats said a few years ago when we had a string of cold weather and ice storms (remember when places like Buffalo was under 6ft of snow and there was snow in Florida). That’s when they changed the name from global warming to global climate change. Now that the weather is hot, everything is caused by global warming once again.

People that can’t think for themselves and want to believe everything they are told, just like JW’s. There is currently nothing special about the weather, the weather has been relatively temperate compared to historical climate. Because, not despite increased CO2 there is a huge growth of vegetation, so there are now more trees on earth than 50 or 100 years ago, less land is needed for agriculture, because the Bolsonaro government in Brazil there has even been a return of Amazon rainforest tree coverage.

Global warming is locked in because we are coming from a mini ice age in the Middle Ages.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Dumbocrap bullshit. If its extra hot its global warming if its cold its just local weather. LMAO The stupid left using heads I win tails you lose. Its all BS. I was in the HVAC for a while and one of the instructors said that CFCs were heaver than air and laid on the ground. I asked him why do they say that it floats up to the Ozone layer then, he looked at me and rolled his eyes and said trade winds. He said that the ozone layer gets thin and then thicker on its own. The left has a thing against AC unless its their fat ass that is being cooled. Climate changes and it does not need humans to do it. The earth has been much hotter than now before humans. Its just a way to control the masses.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Anon,

Yes, I'm sure you're right. I suppose events like the bleaching of the coral in the great barrier reef due to heat stress has nothing to do with rising temperatures. The fact that it has only ever happened 3 times in its history, all within the last 5 years or so is total coincidence and a left wing conspiracy.

Co2 in the atmosphere at levels not seen in a million years, also a conspiracy. The fact that the levels if Co2 have risen dramatically since the 1950s when everyone started driving cars, also when commercial air travel really took off, once again, all a left wing conspiracy.

Just before covid took over the news, Australia lost a billion animals in the worst bush fire ever, started by lightning strikes. Again, I'm sure it's coincidence that our hottest years on record have all occurred in the last decade. But, I suppose I should take the word of untrained internet experts over actual climate scientists.

Thanks for setting me straight.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

jojo you are a typical liberal, I never said that there is no rise in temp..Climate changes that is a fact. We have been in a stable period for many many years. But that said things change. Are humans putting stress on the planet? I believe they are. over fishing, deforestation, over population are all issues. But I also don't believe in the hoopla the left pushes that this is the end of the world and its all human activity. There are many causes for such things. So stop with the bull shit strawman argument shit.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Mick, it might surprise you that I don't consider myself left at all, I would describe myself as conservative.

Nothing I said was straw man, it all happened and everything I've read by actual experts point to human activity as being the likely cause.

I actuality agree with you that things change, geological / climate changes happen so slowly that maybe we are experiencing a blip in a time scale that for the average human is hard to fathom.

That said, I guess the question remains, if you think human intervention is even partly to blame for climate change, what should we do about it? Pretend it isn't happening, burn more coal, drive bigger cars?

Especially since the covid pandemic, I've noticed that the same people that doubt epidemiological science, viral science etc, are also the same people that doubt climate science. Why is that?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Geo-engineering has been going on for quite some time without anyone in positions of power believing that citizens need to be informed as to what is being sprayed into the atmosphere.

Despite the term “chemtrails” being used as a litmus test of sorts to identify the “crazies”, Geo-Engineering is very real and is a far more believable theory to explain insane weather patterns than an earthquake in my opinion.

DD

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Deserts are known to have high extremes for their low temperature of the day and their high temperature of the day. I think it is due to them having very little vegetation. Vegetation has a moderating effect. Vegetation can provide shade from sunshine and thus cooling, including cooling of the ground. It can also provide cooling when moisture evaporates from the vegetation. At night it can probably help retain some of the heat from the ground, by acting as insulation. Likewise oceans have a moderating effect on the temperature of the air on the shore relative to the air temperature further inland.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Joey jojo, here's a few facts, not supported by the false narratives of MSM. Do some independent research. With the Poles melting, sea levels are supposed to rise, whereas sea levels are in actual fact rising a millimeter or so per year in the northern hemisphere and not at all in the southern hemisphere. Man-made carbon dioxide is blamed for the drastic changes in the weather. This is a complete fallacy. Solar activity, and not carbon emissions, is responsible for temperature and weather fluctuations. Of all the gases in our atmosphere, carbon dioxide makes up 0.4% of the total. Of that number 97% comes from nature, plants and animals, and only a negligible 3% is caused by humans. Courtesy Alan Jones, Sky News Australia.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Vidqun,

Quoting Alan Jones as the source of your facts tells me everything I need to know.

FYI, if the north polar ice cap totally melts it will have 0 effect on sea levels. Its already like ice floating in a glass of water, the effect it has on the sea level will remain the same after it has melted. On the other hand, melting Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets are a totally different story.

Thermal expansion of sea levels is the actual problem at the moment.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

As I said, check it out. Feel free to Google it. You don't have to listen to Alan Jones. By the way, he was quoting scientists. The sun is the main influencer of earth's climate. You don't hear that from MSM either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit