Outcast Doctrines

by Socrateswannabe 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

A man is riding a Donkey, all of a sudden it starts talking to him!!!!!

iwantoutnow ...

I'm not sure about donkeys, but there was a documentary series on TV that I remember called Mr. Ed. He was a talking horse. But he would only talk to his owner named Wilbur Post.

I think this helps prove the point that in certain situations, animals can talk.

Rub a Dub

• tiki
    tiki

Haha....balaams ass...that is really good! I remember a long time ago someone wrote a satire on "The Ass Class".....

Yeah....millions now living will never die....

The transplant issue...from cannibalism to okay....I remember not being able to process how it was fine and dandy to accept an organ from another body but not the blood that circulates to keep that organ alive and functional...

The TV "Mr. Ed" that I recall was not a documentary but an American sit-com.....and a very lame one at that...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The TV "Mr. Ed" that I recall was not a documentary but an American sit-com..

tiki ...

It seemed very real to me. He was smart and only spoke to Wilbur.

Rub a Dub

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer

One thing that stands out with the JWs is their belief that Jesus was hung on a stake, not a cross. Their reasoning for this, of course, is that the cross is a pagan symbol. For one thing, it is not. Pagans adopt from the one true spirit and source of all truth.

But let me get to the point here. I can prove the cross very easily with just twp passages from the bible.

Exodus 12:22
    And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the bason, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the bason; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning.

John 20:25
    The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side

The blood on the doorposts and lintel is a symbol of the bloody head and outstretched hands of Jesus on the cross.
    The second should be more obvious. NAILS........NAILS..........NAILS.........NOT one nail above the head.

I ask any JWs here to think about that. If the JWs are so wrong about this relatively unimportant matter which they are so dogmatic about, what else could they be wrong about. I pray for your souls brothers and sisters

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just something that comes to mind about the "Cross" business. Jehovah allowed the Romans to kill Jesus, no interference, so why should he interfere with the common Roman way of Public execution ?

Arguing that the Cross was a Pagan Symbol is simply nonsense, that would mean that every piece of wood, whatever its use, if it had a crosspiece, was a pagan symbol. What nonsense.

The further argument that the Church should not use it because had Jesus been hung, would you venerate a Rope, or if shot, a Gun, is nonsense too, the Church uses it as a symbol of the meaning of Christs death, as an aid memoir.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Just something that comes to mind about the "Cross" business. Jehovah allowed the Romans to kill Jesus, no interference, so why should he interfere with the common Roman way of Public execution ?
    Arguing that the Cross was a Pagan Symbol is simply nonsense, that would mean that every piece of wood, whatever its use, if it had a crosspiece, was a pagan symbol. What nonsense.

Yup good points. We know from a historical perspective that romans really did crucified criminals in an actual cross. This actually made complete sense because it was less work for them. The stake would be a permanent structure, and then each time someone was crucified, they nailed to the patibulum (crossbar) and then hung on the stake. Imagine having to dig a hole to put a stake every time. They weren't complete idiots.

Also, yes who cares if the cross was a pagan symbol, which it was. This would not prevent the Romans from thinking that was the perfect shape to use for executions.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Some more of the Watchtower Crazy, baby:🤪🤪

Black people would over time turn white 🤭in the paradise, in all likelihood and women would turn in to men in heaven 🥴since there had been well documented cases of such things occurring before!! 🤣😂😂😂

🤯🤯🤯

• TD
    TD

The belief that all animals were originally vegetarians surfaces every 7 to 10 years. Just when you think the JW's have abandoned it, you realize they haven't.

The wacky heart as the source of emotion teaching was formally reversed in the mid 80's, which is a break from the pattern of simply not mentioning a past belief ever again.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The other belief they don't seem to mention these days was one that was around until the late seventies, perhaps a bit later, and that was that in the Noo System eventually marriage will come to an end.

I think this was another Mad Freddie Franz idea maybe. When Mrs Phizzy and I were married, all those years ago, we were prevailed upon to still have as part of our Vows, " ....... or until ended by God's arrangement " or whatever the wording was. We wanted that phrase dropped, but were persuaded by the old boy taking our Service that it was a "good witness", that non JW's might ask what it meant. Rubbish of course, no one ever did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit