If the Gov. where you live outlawed the JWs would you turn in your family?

by blownaway 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I would quietly turn in one of my uncles.

He's a cheap bastard and never wants to chip in for expenses when we go fishing.

Rub a Dub

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous

Even though I despise my JW family and their 'values', I would shield them at all costs because f**k a government

• blownaway
    blownaway

Yes AA but would you turn in some of the elders? Not family?

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous

When it comes to the Elders, I definitely wouldn't turn them in myself, but I would gladly step aside and let them get dragged away

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

No. It's not my deal. That would be between the government and them.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Absolutely not. That's an appalling suggestion.

My gripe is with the religion, not the brain-dead, indoctrinated cult followers.

Why be like them?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I wouldn't turn in a "sinner" to the elders, I wouldn't turn in JWs to the government. Live and let live.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I would not do that, in no way shape or form, sorry. I couldnt do that, and honestly i wouldnt do it towards "worldly" people, either.

I would not give the government the satisfaction of making their jobs easier by helping to round up fellow humans. Not my style. I am not a snitch, and or rat.

My current lifestyle is not neccessarily squeaky clean, and i would want to be left alone, and not ratted on for stupid nonsense. Hence, i would never do that to someone else. If someone "wrongs" me, my go to response is NOT to tun them in, but i will have justice by my own hand, and take care of my own "business".

The JW religion, as a whole, has done some horrible things, but the average rank n file doesnt need to be thrown in jail for being mislead by an organization. They dont deserve that. Even the few asshole elders that have personally wronged me, and DESERVE some justice, would not be ratted on by me.

Now, if it was the 8 GB members, and i knew where they were, and was in that specific position to turn THEM in, and only them, then YES i would.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Absolutely not. I would be opposed to any outright ban that targeted the rank and file.

Tax and fine the organization. Even liquidate cult property. But don't jail, fine, or harm the rank and file.

It's the golden rule. Had when I had been a JW the government outlawed the religion, would I have wanted someone to have turned me in? Would I wanted to go to jail or worse?

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Never.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit