JW Father Kills Self and 12-year-old Son

by fjtoth 98 Replies latest social current

• berylblue
    berylblue
    I havent read the whole thread yet...but this is sad.(Really I hate reading stuff like this)

Read it when I get the nerve up.

Pour yourself a few strong drinks, Shera. You're going to need them. The bull that is being posted here is just nauseating.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    I ... stepped down before being appointed an elder. Is that enough street cred for ya?

And I'll bet you "stepped down" due to your awesome humility!!!

I was a Bethelite ... pioneer for 6 years ... raised by an elder ... appointed MS at 18 ... gave public talks

MY! MY! Remind us to never, ever, doubt your credibility again! Nor your modesty, meekness and lowliness of mind!

• talesin
    talesin

For me, this story brings up memories of Susan Smith. Who knows what was going on in this family?

This is sick and now I feel sick. Damn them all (that is, all the ABUSERS IN THE Borg AND EVERYWHERE) to hell!

All the second-guessing in the world will neither bring this child back, nor get inside his (dead) father's head. Here's a thought (I hope you find it positive, it's intended to be).

BE OUTRAGED. However, instead of arguing about this (we'll never know the 'real' story), let's grieve together, and THEN look around at people we know who are in trouble - reach out to them, learn from this, don't let them get to this point of desperation. Do whatever we can to help the ones we know and be there to help prevent one of these senseless tragedies, no matter what the cost. Pay for their therapy if need be, help them flee, do whatever it takes. There's lots of 'soul murder' going around that ISN'T splashed in the newspapers.

just a thought ...

tal

• mouthy
    mouthy

Frank I am sure you were told what you were told.But I was advised to stay with my husband even if I was abused(I have had a fractured skull from him besides other beatings MANY). But Keefer told me We had hundreds of dear brother & sisters in concentration camps -who were still holding true to the WTower ( Jehovah) So I should consider myself better off than them as I was free to walk outside eat what I wanted etc: So I should stay because the Bible said I might win him over. !!!!!!!So I guess there were differant teaching for differant people I was just one of the r&f Jws

• berylblue
    berylblue

Amac,

I want to apologize. I hate it when I'm rude.

This is a very hot topic for many here.

I can't tell you that your perceptions are wrong; nor can you tell me I didn't experience what I experienced, or saw what I saw, or heard (first hand) what I heard from the victims themselves. Let's just leave it at that.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Mouthy,

I think you misread what I wrote. I'm in complete agreement with you. It's Amac who keeps insisting that circuit overseers and elders haven't been telling battered wives to stay with their brutal husbands. Amac claims that if they have been giving wives the wrong advice, it's not the Society's fault. He claims the COs and elders got it from the world, not the Society.

fjt

• LDH
    LDH

NEWSFLASH

Did you all miss the following quote? I think it merits special consideration!

''It makes no sense whatsoever,'' said Tony Dacosta, a member of the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, where Mackey attended services. ``It's ironic, because this is the kind of person you can go to and be counseled about relationships. It just seems so out of character, it's mind-boggling.''

I hope all of you lurkers, and especially JR Brown, have an explanation for this one.

Why YES, the JWs is the one religion where a Public Affairs worker who has NO PROFESSIONAL TRAINING and his having domestic problems himself, CAN DISPENSE ADVICE.

JR Brown was right. They are untrained volunteers.

That poor baby.

Lurkers take note!

Lisa

Where is Mike Musto? Class

• fjtoth
  • talesin
    talesin

{{{{{mouthy}}}}}

you're so right. I think this thread sparked a lot of emotion in folks and they are getting off track. Many have not experienced the kind of abuse you have had, and are fogging things by reaching for some kind of 'explanation' for this sad occurrence. I don't think it is meant to downplay the horrors you have been through.

You are a strong womim, admirable in many ways. On their behalf, I say 'please don't take it personally'.

xo

tal

ps.

I hope all of you lurkers, and especially JR Brown, have an explanation for this one.

right eff'n on, LDH!!!!! I don't know who JR is, but I agree with the sentiment.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

talesin,

Somehow you lost me. I fail to see how anything in this thread has reflected on Mouthy. Would you mind shedding some light on what you see that I don't. If I've said anything here that has 'gotten the topic off track' or that has 'fogged the issue,' I'm terribly sorry. However, I've reviewed everything said above, and I just have no idea what you're getting at. I mean it sincerely when I say I'd like you to show me what it is you have in mind.

fjt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit