I've been robbed

by wasasister 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Wasa:

I am very sorry to hear about this. I went through the same experience a few weeks ago. My place felt dirty for a long time. Knowing that had rifled through my pockets, I had to dry clean my suits before I'd wear them again. As I sat staring at the mess they left (a nice pile of my stuff dumped in the middle of the floor) I could swear I could see ghost images of the ^*%&^ lowlifes.

I was fortunate they didn't take too much of sentimental value and I feel terrible that they did that to you.

{{{{{Wasa}}}}}}}

Uzzah

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I once went out my back door and found evidence that someone had been trying to break in. I immediately sat on the floor, I was so shaken! And then really angry (how DARE they!) So I can only imagine the waves of bad feelings you must be dealing with. I am so sorry and hope you can feel at home in your home again before too long.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

So sorry to hear, wasa... I can totally understand that you would feel violated.

(((())))

• Mary
    Mary
    Still, the little low-lifes trashed the house, poured beer in the drawers, dumped all the food out of the frig, broke things and we were just heart sick!

I think one of the things the courts should do, is to force these little bastards to CLEAN UP the frigging mess they make and to work to replace the things they stole and ruined.......I don't care if they have to scrape dead animals off the highways, MAKE THEM WORK!! If they had to do that, instead of just having their lazy asses thrown into jail, it might make them think twice before they did it again.

The two burglars had long arrest records and the oldest was 16! They were ordered by the court system to reimburse us for the ruined food, we got two checks for $14.00.

Wow. And people say The System doesn't work!

• blondie
    blondie

Okay, wasasister, take a big breath, let it out. Now ((((((big hug)))))

Now what, eh?

In my area, the local sheriff/police departments have an officer who is specially trained to help the public secure their home and what to do if they should be home when a burglar strikes. I can't speak for all agencies, but check with yours and see if they can do an evaluation. All burglaries can't be prevented but maybe you can slow them down enough so they go on to a more easily accessible abode.

Blondie ((((hugs)))

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((((((((((wasa)))))))))

• Aztec
    Aztec

I'm so sorry Wasa! Those sentimental treasures, and they are treasures, are invaluable! Let's hope you get some of them back eh? Take care, be safe and don't let it psychologically bug you out too much. You'll feel comfy in your own bed soon enough.

~Aztec

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

A few years when I was living in an apartment, I prided myself on my independence. I had just left the JW's and rented an apartment to get the hell away from my JW parents, and the second month I was there I walked in on someone leaving my apartment the back door. Needless to say, my heart skipped a huge beat and then I realized that the back door for some reason was open. I NEVER went back there so there was no reason to unlock it. It turns out my maintenance guy had been in and forgot to lock the back door. Some teenager then went in to have a look around and steal my television. I read my apartment complex the riot act and received free rent in lieu of taking them to court over the issue.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Thank you all for your kind replies and similar experiences. Although I wouldn't wish membership in this particular "club" on anyone, it is good to know I'm not alone!

I've taken the day off to deal with the mess and visit some of the local pawn shops, per police suggestion. They think I might at least spot some of my jewelry and get the pawn shop to hold onto it until police can investigate.

I greatly appreciate all the hugs and well-wishes. Nice to know I have friends at a time like this.

Hugs back,

Wasa

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{wasasister}}

I am so sorry for the trauma you and your family went through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit