WTBTS' corrupt translation - to elevate elders!

by The Searcher 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks for sharing your incredible knowledge/research, Searcher.

• schnell
    schnell

"Gifts unto men," so sayeth the KJV and LDS translation.

Boy, I'm starting to believe a guy at a door once who said our Bible is twisted may have had a point.

But hey it's the same general idea, right? The loving Faithful and Discrete Slave would never distort a scripture, right?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Boy do I detest the way they twist the scriptures to serve their own crooked ends. That one is a particular pet hate of mine, they love to puff themselves up and glorify themselves...because it is themselves, and those of their ilk, they refer to with their much vaunted gifts in men. I'd like to give them a gift...right in the backside.

"When he ascended on high,

he took many captives

and gave gifts to his people.” One of many crooked translations.

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Great point, The Searcher.

Also of interest is the Cross-reference for this text provided by biblehub. It notes:

Psalm 68:18
    You have ascended on high, You have led captive Your captives; You have received gifts among men, Even among the rebellious also, that the LORD God may dwell there.

Watchtower however twists it to the same agenda:

• Psalm 68:18
      • 18You ascended on high;+

You carried away captives;

You took gifts in the form of men,+

Yes, even stubborn ones,+ to reside among them, O Jah God.

• schnell
    schnell

I told my wife about this as I drove her to work. She said, "Huh."

I'm certain that she knows much of it is BS, but her emotional attachment to this religion seems to put critical thinking on a leash.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Great find Searcher.

I've actually done a NRSV comparison with the RNWT and it ticked me off to no end. I still have Mark, Matthew, and Luke left in the NT. I hope one day I get a chance to post those findings. It was tedious work but well worth it! Boy did I find some nuggets of gold! I can't comprehend how the GB can sleep at night with what they've done.

Interestingly enough when I go back over the same scriptures I still continue to find discrepancies.

That aside, I remember encountering a man in door-to-door service who flat out told me that our translation was corrupted and some verses had even been deleted altogether. I remember him flipping through his bible furiously trying to find these verses to show me. The poor guy threw some verses at me which I happily searched and found and read them to him. They read the same as his translation. He got frustrated and said he had to go. Me and my partner went off happy as can be talking excitedly resting assured we had "the truth."

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You'll find they did the same at revelations 5:9-10 where thier Bible says "there going to rule as kings and priests over the earth" . The KIT shows that the word "over" is actually the word "on" the word "Kings" is not there and the word "rule" is actually the word "reign " which can have a different meaning .

• prologos
    prologos

Many elders feel that they are god's gift to other men, and especially god's gift to women. in themselves, pronounced to be "glorious ones" by wt.

yeah searcher : I Cor. 12. instead.

• stillin
    stillin

And I thought I was God's gift to the world!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I can still distinctly remember an elder who thought he was my mentor, saying to me "as gifts in men, we have the assignment to represent God in the congregations!"

Yep, that self-glorifying attitude reminded me of Jesus words "they will have their reward in full"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit