Tiger numbers in the wild have risen slightly

by Xanthippe 17 Replies latest social current

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Scary21 opined, "I thought Nathan was gong to say he had some frosted flakes...."

I _AM_ the FROSTED FLAKE in this house!

Look on my works, ye dubbish mortals, and DESPAIR!

• bohm
    bohm

New improved traditional medicine available!

cyanide laced tigers paw

WILL CURE 100% GUARANTEED:

• Male baldness
    • Impotence
    • Pencildick
    • Scumbaggery
    • Idiocy
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Told my tiger mad son who is delighted.

Tiger- tiger byBlake is his favourite poem.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yeah Bohm I'm infuriated by the monsters who kill these animals for their body parts for useless medicine. As I am with the poachers who saw off elephant tusks and rhino horns, leaving the animals bleeding to death with their distraught babies running around them. We are doing something about it, the charities just need financial support.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Diogenesister, I'm so glad your son is a tiger fan. I love Blake's poem too - thanks VI.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

This IS really awesome news, indeed. I also, did the "adopt a tiger" program thru the WWF. I have been doing it for a few years now, and I would like to think that, maybe in some way, helped these beautiful animals. I have never given money to a charity before, but I felt compelled to do this one for the tigers.

I actually set it up where the WWF automatically charges my credit card each month, for a certain amount of money. Its not a lot, but its something, and I hope it helps these animals.

Its awesome that the numbers are in the right direction, and increasing, but they are still too low. For there to be less than 4,000 tigers left in the wild on planet earth, is so tragic. Plus, there are many different types of tigers, from the Bengals, Siberians,, to the Amour tigers, and some of them are even rarer than others, with only a few hundred of them in world at all, including zoos.

There are even a number of tiger sub-species, that unfortunately, HAVE become extinct. One is the Caspian tiger, which was the largest of the tiger species. This beautiful animal, if alive today, would have been the largest predatory cat species on the planet. Males were between 10 to 12 feet long, and both males and females, had the beautiful, striped pattern that we love about them. They were a deep orange color, but also some were yellowish in color too, but with the stripes.

Its so sad to think that we will never see these creatures walk the earth again. Extinction, is indeed forever.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Outlaw. One of your best (inserts lauging Mutley)
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Dunedain it's great to meet another tiger adopter. Don't you find they chew the furniture though? 😀 I don't think it matters that we give very small amounts, it's the regular income WWF needs to do their work so multiply that amount by thousands, plus we know it's working because tiger numbers are increasing.

Outlaw LOL you remind me of what David Attenborough said that the problem with tigers is they sometimes eat people! So he said we need conservation that keeps tigers, humans and their livestock safe. Which is happening all over the world. Just google tiger conservation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit