Tiger numbers in the wild have risen slightly

by Xanthippe 17 Replies latest social current

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

In 1900 there were 100,000 tigers in the wild. A hundred or so years later there were only 3,200 due to habitat destruction and poaching for traditional medicine. For the first time in a hundred years the numbers have risen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36012338

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree
    Lovely bit of news 😊
  • prologos
    prologos
    Good news for tigers , but not for JWs, because only a dramatic rise in predator numbers, "birds of heaven" will ease their hoped - for task of cleaning up the mess after Armageddon. According to wildlife counts, that preparation is not ready.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    FeelingFree I agree it's good news, thanks to conservation by WWF and other charities. I joined their adopt a tiger appeal a few years ago bacause I was very afraid we would lose these beautiful creatures. One Christmas WWF phoned to tell me they were building a reserve for tigers on the Russio-China border to keep the animals safe and not be a danger to humans. A great Xmas present. Their numbers have only risen to 3,890 from 3,200 in 2010 but it's going in the right direction
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is EXCELLENT news; I just had a tiger for breakfast!

I had an omelette, he had rare steak and eggs.

What? I'll be here invisibly to times indefinite. Please remember to tip you waitress!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Please remember to take your medication Nathan.
  • scary21
    scary21
    Great news....... I thought Nathan was gong to say he had some frosted flakes....lol.. You know " tony the tiger"
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

TIGER, tiger, burning bright

In the forests of the night,

What immortal hand or eye

Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies

Burnt the fire of thine eyes?

On what wings dare he aspire?

What the hand dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder and what art

Could twist the sinews of thy heart?

And when thy heart began to beat,

What dread hand and what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain?

In what furnace was thy brain?

What the anvil? What dread grasp

Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears,

And water'd heaven with their tears,

Did He smile His work to see?

Did He who made the lamb make thee?

Tiger, tiger, burning bright

In the forests of the night,

What immortal hand or eye

Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

William Blake
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Great news.....More tigers..

The better the chances of..

One of them Eating Someone you Don`t Like..

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Animals/Jungle_Cats/Tiger_video.gif..............http://static.tumblr.com/4b4dc5ecfd37c6472bc72ed1d94624bc/wevryzp/V50mtkcas/tumblr_static_jack-sparrow-run.gif

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Another specie that has to endure the stupidity of backwards chinese medicine. Many species are being driven to the point of extinction because some medieval, backwards, idiotic, illiterate chinese middle class people, which now have an influx of money that allows them to procure this sh*t. They are middle class now, but they can't take their head out of their ass enough to understand they should look for traditional medicine instead of some ugga bugga snake oil medicine.

Stupid morons!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit