London K.H.'s - Which Ones Will Be Sold Off?

by The Searcher 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

great find GoneAwol. did they really think jehovah would be happy having that ...building dedicated to him ?

jehovah has certainly left that building.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when will the bruvvs cotton on to whats going on here ? whats the word on the tip of my tongue ?

oh yes--i remember

THEFT

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi GoneAwol - The Searcher's OP was focusing on London KH's for sale

But, yeah, Bonsors seem to currently have three KHs for sale on their books:

1: Richmond Park KH in Kingston-upon-Thames, London (see my post above) (asking £1,000,000)

2: Bagshot KH (currently empty) in Bagshot, Surrey (as per your post) (asking £600,000)

http://www.bonsors.com/propertyInfo/277/Kingdom-Hall-Gloucester-Gardens--Bagshot

3: Chertsey KH in Chertsey, Surrey (asking £620,000)

http://www.bonsors.com/propertyInfo/278/Kingdom-Hall-108a-Station-Road-Chertsey-Surrey

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

and whats the betting these dispaced persons will end up renting a place somewhere to worship. paying the rent themselves of course.

• steve2
    steve2

Certainly indicates that the heyday of JW membership growth in the UK is over. A flourishing membership does not look to reduce the number of meeting places.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    stan livedeath: will end up renting a place somewhere to worship. paying the rent themselves of course.

Rent?? Nah, looks like they'll just move to already existing KHs....

Richmond Park moves 2.6 miles (by road) to the Tolworth KH

Bagshot moves 3.6 miles (by road) to the Camberley KH

Chertsey moves 5.1 miles (by road) to the Staines KH (yeah - AKA Ali G's Staines Massiv!!)

steve2: A flourishing membership does not look to reduce the number of meeting places.

Yes, but probably also more indicative of 'over-expansion' - the above closures appear to be all single use/single congregation KHs - in marked contrast to the OP's list right at the start of this thread which where all double or triple or more use KHs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i can remember--back in the 60's in birmingham UK--getting their own KH was the dream of most congregations. a spiritual home.. some of the elderly dubs must be seething at this smash and grab raid. i asked a couple what the money was going to be used for--" building halls in africa." having lost their own purpose built hall in a half million pound grab.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

With all the cut backs the watchtower have made these past five years its surprising that they should even be thinking about selling kingdom halls off

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I bet selling all these halls is making Jehovah sad. 😥

• zeb
    zeb

Just a lateral thought. HM of these halls or any anywhere are built for so many occupants' but are being occupied by two or three times that many?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit