London K.H.'s - Which Ones Will Be Sold Off?

by The Searcher 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey The Searcher!

how's your search for single use K.H.'s in London getting on? Be interesting to see how many are used by just one congregation.... as these are the most likely to be the first to go....

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

@darkspilvImage result for most annoying picture your comments are annoying.

@Searcher thank you for the heads up on the situation in London.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    @Searcher thank you for the heads up on the situation in London.

hmmm The Searcher rested their case on the ease of closing single use K.H.'s within the London metropolitan area - which is extremely valid reasoning.....

yes, with a higher density of population and generally better public transport - it would be generally fairly easy to move a single congregation and sell-off their K.H....

yes, they could even just merge congregations - 3-into-2 - and sell-off the now disused K.H....

yes, I can very easily see this happening....

but, the problem was that out of the 35 K.H.'s that The Searcher listed - they were used by an average of 3.5 congregations each!!....

therefore, I listed four K.H.s that I believed were single use (though they're more in the suburbs) - these are the ones that are much more likely to be sell-off AND NOT REPLACED.

@darkspilver - your comments are annoying.

In line with The Searcher's OP, I'm interested in seeing a list of single use K.H.s within the London metropolitan
    area in anticipation of a 'sell-off', sorry if that's annoying

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

'm interested in seeing a list of single use K.H.s within the London metropolitan
    area in anticipation of a 'sell-off',

Why don't you do a search and bring us back the results.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Why don't you do a search and bring us back the results.

Ah, but what makes you think that I haven't?.... and they're listed in my previous post above?....

Actually I suspect that there is very little room for movement vis-a-vis K.H.s/congregations within the metropolitan areas of the UK as a whole

Therefore IMHO The Searchers OP was unhelpful and just leads to giving 'false hope' - and is why I called The Searcher out on it

So, what is gonna happen??

I think the rural areas of the UK are too thinly populated to move move congregations to new K.H.s to allow a K.H. to be sold - remember that Brits have a very restricted view of distances - they just are not that used to travelling long distances.

Therefore, as explained above, with no real room for movement in the metropolitan areas......

That leaves the suburbs and smaller mid-sized towns - which I do think could be ripe for sell-offs -that's what we're already seeing - for example Brighton/Hove:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6521299230785536/hove-kh-sell-off

So, in conclusion, don't look to London as suggested by The Searcher - look at the mid-sized towns that are currently home to three or four congregations in two or even three K.H.'s - that's were the combining, joining, sharing and.... sell-offs will come from.

BUT, remember this is just conjecture - I'm still waiting for the following link: "According to the org's website, various congregations will be moving in with other congregations, effective January 1st 2017."

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I personally know a brother who works heavily on construction planning on the the LDC here in the UK. He very recently confirmed that they have been and continue to be look at EVERY SINGLE HALL here as to where consolidation can take place.

Of course there is some low hanging fruit. The large cities are already pretty sorted and areas of easy consolidation (e.g. Brighton) are being done but nowhere is safe. The next candidates will be halls requiring rebuilds or significant refurb. Clevedon is a great example. The hall had two congregations. They dissolved one congregation (Portishead), assigned the members to at least three other congregations, closed the hall and made everyone go to halls at least 20 mins drive away - which for parochial English brothers is like asking them to fly to the moon.

Make no mistake - this approach is being planned and executed everywhere.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    "According to the org's website, various congregations will be moving in with other congregations, effective January 1st 2017."

I think Searcher has misread some of the info on the org website. Some congregations show a change for 1st Jan 2017 but only in meeting times at existing halls. This is where congs in the same hall are swapping meeting times.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

konceptual99: I think Searcher has misread some of the info on the org website.

It's a pity that The Searcher doesn't seem to be around any more

Although I don't believe any of the 35 London KHs in the OP are up for sale yet (are they all still being shared by two or more congregations?)

Interestingly, in this thread, I did list four London KHs that where being used by just one congregation each (the most likely to be sold?):

London, East Molesey at 70 High Street, WEST MOLESEY KT8 2LY

London, Richmond Park at 29a Alexandra Road, KINGSTON UPON THAMES KT2 6SD

London, Swanley at Bremner Close, London Road, SWANLEY BR8 8TG

London, Tolworth at 16A Derby Road, Tolworth, SURBITON KT5 9AY

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5760931004940288/_post/4707357072293888

And now Richmond Park's KH in Kingston-upon-Thames is up for sale!

Seems likely that the congregation will move to the neighboring Tolworth KH - also listed above - which is 2.6 miles away.

MORE: https://propertylink.estatesgazette.com/property-details/6276827-the-kingdom-hall-29a-alexandra-road-kingston-upon-thames-kt2-6sd

PDF: http://bulkloader.prd.pl.artirix.com.s3.amazonaws.com/73693df5-6cc5-4c74-9f2f-d8d5bd177174_Details.pdf

Looks like WT is asking £1,000,000 for the Richmond Park KH (US $ 1.3 million)

hat tip https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4803910902480896/wtbts-britain-selling-another-kingdom-hall

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    darkspilver2 hours ago2 hours ago

konceptual99: I think Searcher has misread some of the info on the org website.

It's a pity that The Searcher doesn't seem to be around any more

i think searcher got rollocked for spamming the site trying to call you out.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Has this sale been mentioned? Did a search on here but didn't find anything. Not within the M25, but close-ish to London.

https://propertylink.estatesgazette.com/property-details/6276829-kingdom-hall-gloucester-gardens-bagshot-gu19-5nu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit