How Does One Just Go Back To Family & Friends After Leaving The "Truth"?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We appreciate all your helpful responses.

• I got a new attitude!
    I got a new attitude!

Take small steps. Your family and friends will genuinely welcome you back. You must realize that you have some changes to make. Your personality has been very distorted by the organization. We were robots/clones. We were told how to walk, talk, breath, etc. It will take significant time to heal your being and come to terms with the person you let go of a long time ago. You probably don't even know yourself. Think things through, because you're whole thought processes have been dismantled. It took time, and I was very angry, as I began to really learn how duped I was. I apologized to my daughters, for putting them through what I did. But, as I told them I really believed what I was doing was truly right. Fortunately, I left the organization when I my youngest daughter was only 6-7 years old. My oldest daughter, still has some residual emotional scars from being raised in such a dysfunctional manner.

• Panda
    Panda

I will never forget that my sister inlaw sent me a b'rthday card and in it she wrote that "she had been waiting 17 yrs to send this card to me." I teared up, and then called her. I also threw myself a birthday bbq at my dad's house. Most of my relatives didn't understand what a big deal it was for me, but heck I enjoyed myself and felt all warm and fuzzy!

Panda hugs{{{ Mrs and Mr Mini}}}

• minimus
    minimus

I've been making a transition for years now. I have all "worldly" friends. I think "worldly". I like "worldly".....I think I'll do just fine.

• shamus
    shamus

Hmmmm....

Interesting querstionakljdsf;

Sorry about the typing...

I think that one just goes out and does it, and apologize for being such a geek for all those years. That's about it.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Min and Mrs. Min,

I've enjoyed reading page one of this thread and haven't time to read all the responses, but I must say that this was my immediate response:

"How Does One Just Go Back to Family & Friends After Leaving The 'Truth'?"

Humbly and with hat in hand, apologizing for being stupid and telling them that you've never stopped thinking about them or caring for them.

As JT said, I have never heard of non-JW friends or family NOT welcoming ex-JWs back into their lives with open arms, smiles, and even tears of joy!

You will be fine, Mrs. Min. As the Nike ads say: Just DO IT!!!

out

• minimus
    minimus

outnfree, and others, Thank you for your helpful words. My wife hasd read these comments and feels there's a lot of you that know what she's going through....THANKS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit