How Does One Just Go Back To Family & Friends After Leaving The "Truth"?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    As for my mother - she is a cold one.

I think your mother has a sick problem whether she was a dub or not. Her problems lie somewhere else.....that's just her "out".

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

It sounds like Gumby's right, LL.......btw, how are you feeling???

• blondie
    blondie

Hey min, my relatives are all JWs so no point in telling them about my decision. My husband's are not though and we went down and he told them about our decision but how we had to keep a low profile and what disfellowshipping is. They just gave us big hugs and since we don't have the meetings and field service, we get to see them more all the time. It's been 12 years too. We did see them but we had not gone down for the holidays/birthdays.

I think it is as someone said above, non-JWs as a group are not the grudge holders JWs are taught to be.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

My wife just read the rest of this thread and said she was "encouraged" by what you shared. It seems to have given her a good resolve to handle things properly....Thank You!

• gumby
    gumby
    My wife just read the rest of this thread and said she was "encouraged" by what you shared.

Sorry but I must go off topic for a moment.

Min....your wife looks at this forum now? Where the hell have I been?

Gumby

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I agree my mother uses the org to continue her abuse of her children - well me mostly (the others were never baptized so she can have a relationship with the drug addict, the crook and the stripper) I suspect I am not the only one here who sees the insanity in this.

Good people will accept people and I do have some of those in my family - they just don't happen to be my mother - good thing they aren't all like her

I had a good weekend and not understanding my limitations yet I overdid it and am paying dearly for it today. The pain today has brought me to tears and stupidly I tried to do one of the suggested exercises and made it worse. I have now had to tape part of one foot to prevent the ligaments from tearing anymore (aren't ya glad ya asked?) but thanks for asking

Gumby I wouldn't say that is off topic - I suspect mine is way more off than yours

• gumby
    gumby
    I have now had to tape part of one foot to prevent the ligaments from tearing anymore (aren't ya glad ya asked?)

Just cuz I had to throw up when I read that part doesn't mean I don't care Poor foot.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

My wife often asks me if there's anything new on the board now. She sometimes reads different threads here. She doesn't do it daily but every once in a while wants to get the latest to see who's bashing Minimus. (she said if she'd ever post, it wouldn't be as Mrs. Minimus because too many people don't like me).

• gumby
    gumby
    My wife often asks me if there's anything new on the board now. She sometimes reads different threads here. She doesn't do it daily but every once in a while wants to get the latest to see who's bashing Minimus. (she said if she'd ever post, it wouldn't be as Mrs. Minimus because too many people don't like me).

Minimus,

What in the hells this thread got to do with your wife?..........................

.............................just kiddin.

I didn't know about her and where she is at this point other than she read COC....hadn't heard much else. Could you PM me and tell me more so we can get back on thread to LadyLees foot again?

Gumby

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

enough with the feet already

Well I happen to like Min's incessant questions. They make us think which is an absloute requirement after leaving the borg

However, Mrs Min can use any name she likes once she starts posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit