What to do with old publications

by TonyMorronTheTurd 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• btlc
    btlc

Maybe local library (some archive section) would be interested in bound volumes.

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

Don't destroy them. Even some of the 80s on back has stuff in it people want to show how the cult was lying and changed.

• waton
    waton
    Don't destroy them.

Some are very useful, take the proclaimers book. At the hall, a brother during the public talk fudged the "will never die" dateline, perhaps reading from the outline, and I was able to show him after the talk from the kh library, the 1918 date for that false, failed prophecy. later

They gave away a few mint editions of that work. priceless.

• DesirousOfChange
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have stuff back to the 50's (and some stuff in the 40's); bound volumes, books, etc.

When you have had a lot of old relatives in the Trooft, you end up with piles of stuff. I have at least five large boxes of stuff. At some point in time, if I ever move again, it will go on ebay for the cost of shipping if anyone really gives a crap about old stuff.

I can't tell you how many of those "pieces" of the NWT I have thrown away when they were publishing parts of the Bible a piece at a time. I remember my parents had a complete copy of the bible they had taped together. It was like 5 or 6 parts until it was finally put all together and on better paper in the "Green Bible", the one with the dinosaur in the front cover (the one that all of us kids colored all of the parts in).

How many copies of Let God Be True, Everlasting Life, Equipped for Every Good Work and other stuff do you need after awhile?

Rub a Dub

• dubstepped
  • RolRod
    RolRod

I've been selling my library off on ebay one book at a time I still have 22 bookshelves 10 feet tall filled with books and about a hundred boxes in the garage, stuff going back to the early 1800s with the early adventist. This is my retirement fund LOL

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

A few years back i was in charge of an Opportunity Shop that the senior Citizens ran in this town where we take in goods that nobody wants anymore and sell them cheaply to whoever wants them .

All run by volunteers on a roster.

One time back a few years ago now ,we received about a dozen WT video`s ,when i wasn`t present apparently it was family cleaning out an estate when a relative had died .

We made sure they went in to the rubbish / trash bin and not the recycled bin.

None of the people I have made friends with here after 14 years living in this town know of my JW past .

The subject has never really come up and its not something I would boast about LOL

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

By all means, burn/dispose of the JW stuff you've got. It's too "modern" to be of any value to litter-ature collectors.

However, if you've got a WT CD ROM - especially the latest one, hold onto that and make a copy of it.

I reckon those CD's are already collectors' items - because the cult's writing committee can't alter all of the stuff on it which exposes them for what they really are - a nest of vipers!

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The environment is a precious thing to protect (and the USA and the rest of the world needs to do much more to combat climate change), thus I urge you not burn the books; instead it would be far better to have them recycled if you intend to dispose of the books. That way the paper content can be used to make more books or other paper products without the paper being wasted and with far less damage to the air. If your home has curb side recycling then using that would be the easiest way to recycle them. If you are concerned that someone might retrieve the books (and get deceived by them) before the recycling company shows up (or if you don't have curb side recycling), then take the books directly to a recycling facility.

However even better than recycling them would be to sell them on eBay. They might not sell much per book and thus it might not be worth the hassle of selling them individually online, but if that is the case you can put more than 10 books in each auction listing (though that will reduce the price per book) so that you spend less time on the listings. Sometimes non-English language editions get higher prices per book than the English editions, but only if the auction listing says you are willing to ship to countries outside of the USA (especially countries in Europe). If the books have content that might help JWs to stop believing in the JW religion, then in your auctions you can include quotes from the books that draw attention to such information. That way it will be easier for doubting JWs to find your books and buy them (and it might increase the price you will receive for the books).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit