What to do with old publications

by TonyMorronTheTurd 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Jack
    James Jack

I wished that I had saved mine. There was some stuff printed in the 80’s and 90’s that has changed. Such expressions as “this System of Things will come to an end before the 20th Century is over”, has been replaced with the expression “in our Lifetime “ in the online library.

Before l left, I had an Elder tell me that the Society never said that. I had to take a picture of the 93 Awake Bound Volume in the Kingdom Hall library and send it to him to prove my point. He later called my and said not to speak of this again. Library cleaned out, and everyone is told to use the JW online library. I Disassociated myself afterwards.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He later called my and said not to speak of this again. ~ James Jack

Why there is no liberal equivalent to climate change denial

NO! NO! NO! NO! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!

You Can't Handle the Truth! - A Few Good Men (7/8) Movie CLIP (1992) HD -  YouTube

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH (ABOUT "THE TRUTH")!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

When I left, I literally had a closet full of old Watchtower and Awake magazines, as well as books. Most were gathering dust, as the WT Library was just a lot easier than books.

I kept them all, and slowly used them as fire starters for the fire place and campfires. I remember waking up to many cold morning at the campsite, grabbing a few Watchtower magazines, small sticks. They warmed my heart .... literally as I used them to brew camp coffee.

I love camp coffee.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Besides the WT books I listed in an earlier post, I'm also keeping bound volumes of the WT for the years 1993 - 1999, largely because some of them include major doctrinal changes - changes which convinced me I was better off studying the Bible on my own than exclusively using WT literature for Bible study. I also keep the hardcover WT publications indexes for the years 1930 - 1985 and 1986 -2000 and I have the WT Library 1995 and 1999 CD-ROMs. Having the CD-ROMs makes up for most of the WT publications I sold off on eBay and they will make up for many of those I intend to sell later.

I obtained hardly any WT literature published since the year 2001 since it was around the year 2001 that I essentially stopped attending all JW meetings. It was also around that year that I began my own independent critical thinking of the WT's publications in earnest, and when I began studying the Bible independently in earnest, using multiple English translations of the Bible (including study Bibles) and eventually also using some commentaries and Bible dictionaries produced by 'Christendom'. Eventually I also began studying atheistic web pages and atheist books critical of the Bible and of Christianity.

• skin
    skin

If you sell your old books, please donate the money back to WT. Well that was what I was told I had to do. Even though I had already paid WT once before at the time when you still had to pay for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit