Where's Awake! No.3?

by Ultimate Axiom 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So instead of ramping up the life saving activity "as the day draws nearer", they are reducing the effort in "spreading the good news"!!!???

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Actually, in a way by having householders directed to JW.org and the broadcasts, instead of 'magazines talking', by being directed to JW.org with that Q.R. code gives a more awe-inspiring method. Not only for the WT's, but in an attempt to reach householders. Actually JW's are more in an awe-inspired frenzy than ever.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Its just money they are trying to save if the end is near you dont kick people out of bethel to get jobs you keep them in bethel and they go on the trolleys and door to door for 50 or 60 hours a week
  • Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

"Its just money they are trying to save"

I understand that pepperheart, as far as hard copies are concerned. But it doesn't cost anything to produce on-line magazines, at least, not much when the labour is virtually free. There is an up side to this for the average dub, they don't have to spend countless hours reading all that mind-numbing stuff the old 32-page bi-mothly magazines used to contain. I remember it being a real trial keeping up with the magazines when I was in, back in the 70s. No sooner had you managed to wade through one pair, when other pair would appear. Of course that was in the days when we used to sell the stuff, so naturally they would produce them by the lorry load.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom
    I meant "32 page bi-weekly" in the previous post. Although I am English, and in my 60s, I still live in hope that one day I'll be able to write the blooming language properly!
  • Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

I'm waiting for JW.org to start allowing advertising on their website. They must be crying looking at the amount of revenue they could be making from a regular membership of millions. I wonder how they'll spin it...

You know it's only a matter of time now!

• Simon
    Simon
    So Awake is going to sleep?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit