Why it takes a long time to bring a religious cult down.

by pistolpete 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

My current experience is the flip-side or reverse in that as an older individual of the baby-boomer-I generation and being fully awake to the deceit & shenanigans of the WT Cult...the increasing growing number of older PIMOs like myself standout like a lighthouse to the younger ones. The increasing visible lack of zeal and inactivity on the part those of us in our 60s, 70s and 80s is a huge liability to WT and it is being noticed by those in their 30s, 40s & 50s.

I'm actually having a great time watching year by year WT's numbers drop especially in the USA! Soon...very soon we'll all be at that moment when we can stick the fork in this wretched witch of a cult and say...'She's Done'...Yay!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Soon...very soon we'll all be at that moment when we can stick the fork in this wretched witch of a cult and say...She's done...Yay!''

maybe it's already happening from within. like a train wreck in slow motion.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

According to the graph slim has shown, for the past 40 years the Jehovah`s Witnesses have grown in number despite the internet and the growing number of sites like this one .

How is this possible ? With all of the flip-flops ,evident realities not realized ,false predictions ,dates , about The big "A" happening around 1975 ,then before the end of the 20th Century ,not to mention those previous predictions early in the 20th Century. ?

Where is this growth coming from ?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Where is this growth coming from?

Brace yourself smiddy3:

For the past 10 years...ever since the invention/introduction of the Caleb & Sophia cartoon characters, most of the growth has been from kids fresh out of diapers. Granted, there has been some adults who have been converted...but these are mainly from under developed, 3rd world countries.

For example...If it wasn't for Caleb & Sophia's clout & influence on JW bred kids, the 1.2 million USA JWs that were reported in the 2020 year book would be closer to 800,000 & dropping!

Summary: Sorry...no grown adult in his right mind is toying around with the idea of joining this toxic organization...only kids are & that's plainly because they are born-ins!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...another way of looking at the current numbers of JWs in the USA...if you subtract the 400,000 or so kiddy, tinnie bopper (7 to 16 years old) JWs...that would leave you with 800,000 or so adult (18 years & older) JWs in the United States alone...that's around 9% of all JWs worldwide...those are pretty pathetic numbers.

Summary: The WTBTS needs kids fresh out of diapers & third world underdeveloped countries to survive!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Sorry...no grown adult in his right mind is toying around with the idea of joining this toxic organization...

Are you perhaps underestimating the number of people that fall into this category?

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Smiddy3 How is this possible ? With all of the flip-flops ,evident realities not realized ,false predictions ,dates , about The big "A" happening around 1975 ,then before the end of the 20th Century ,not to mention those previous predictions early in the 20th Century?

Where is this growth coming from ?

I think we need to look closer at what is being described as “Growth”

In a world with almost 8 billion people, I don’t consider a 6 million spurt in “Publishers” NOT Committed BAPTIZED members, (There’s a difference) - over a span of about 40 years to be considered stupendous. .

A publisher can be an UNBAPTIZED member in good standing who may decide not to get baptized. That happens a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Graph says “Average Publishers” Not Average Baptized Membership growth.

So how many Actual Baptized Members Growth is there really????

The graph is not about growth in baptized members is it?

They are not stupid to print this data.

From the Graph we can only extrapolate that;

There was a 6 million growth in PUBLISHERS for the past 40 years----NOT Baptized members

What we do know is that now with the new change, there is not a time limit to be considered a publisher. It used to be 15 minutes to be counted as a publisher, but now according to many posts on exjw reddit, the instructions from headquarters is that all you have to say now is that you published during the month without handing any amount of time.

This really skewds the true numbers of membership of BAPTIZED MEMBERS, which in all honesty, the graph is not about baptized members, it's about "Publishers who includes those who are not baptized like children who will never get baptized and become actual members.

Of those that do get baptized the trend is going Pimo instead of getting disfellowshipped.

And still even with that, every year avg. about 43,300 BAPTIZED members who are disfellowshipped and about two thirds never come back.

There is a reason why they don't have two day Kingdom Hall builts anymore.The "True" membership is just not there anymore.

Something I learned in College is that statistics can be misleading.

Statistics are persuasive. So much so that people, organizations, and whole countries base some of their most important decisions on organized data. But any set of statistics might have something lurking inside it that can turn the results completely upside down.

Consider “Simpson’s Paradox in the video below

https://www.ted.com/talks/mark_liddell_how_statistics_can_be_misleading

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Take any numbers the Org puts out with a Gibraltar-sized grain of salt.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg is really good at producing 'babies', by the rank and file. That's what Lloyd Evans often relates to. Producing kid content that appeals to young minds. Clever.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I’ve heard it stated. That if it wasn’t for Mormons having 3 children families. The church membership would be in free fall in the United States.

So, bear in mind, Wt certainly is not alone in that regard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit