We're going to impeach Trump . . . and make Mexico pay for it!

by Coded Logic 40 Replies latest social current

• blondie
    blondie

Makes me want to live in Canada, but I don't think I have enough to qualify.

It's not that far away, about 8 hours.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    "The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."
    Thus, the operative legal standard to apply to an impeachment of a sitting President is "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors." There is substantial difference of opinion over the interpretation of these words.
    Constitutional standard makes it necessary for a President to have committed an indictable crime in order to be subject to impeachment and removal from office. This view was adopted by many Republicans during the impeachment investigation of President Richard M. Nixon. The proponents of this view point to the tone of the language of Article II § 4 itself, which seems to be speaking in criminal law terms.
    The proponents of this view point to the tone of the language of Article II § 4 itself, which seems to be speaking in criminal law terms.

There are other places in the Constitution which seem to support this interpretation, as well. For example, Article III § 2 (3) provides that "the trial of all crimes, except in cases of impeachment, shall be by jury." Clearly the implication of this sentence from the Constitution is that impeachment is being treated as a criminal offense, ergo, impeachment requires a criminal offense to have been committed.

High Crimes and Misdemeanors covers a lot of territory.

http://litigation.findlaw.com/legal-system/presidential-impeachment-the-legal-standard-and-procedure.html

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Makes me want to live in Canada, but I don't think I have enough to qualify.

Why don't you rent a room from Simon? Oh no, you'll probably be classified as an illegal immigrant.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Makes me want to live in Canada, but I don't think I have enough to qualify.....Blondie

We`d love to have you Blondie!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

We`d love to have you Blondie!

Me too! I'm being persecuted here in the U.S.!

• Fencing
    Fencing

When did this place turn into /r/the_donald?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

What does /r/the_donald mean?

• TD
    TD

It's a subreddit

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Thanks TD! That's why they call me the village idiot.

• bohm
    bohm

The_donald is a place for Trump fans to post memes, etc. it is a mix of meme-heavy humor, political discussion, sexism and racism. There are a couple of posters here who I think are definitely inspired by that subreddit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit