We're going to impeach Trump . . . and make Mexico pay for it!

by Coded Logic 40 Replies latest social current

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    4. showing signs of mental illness is not a cause of impeachment. The constitution only prescribes for impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanours.

Really now! So if a president were to become schizophrenic he should still be allowed to be president?

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver
    It is not a lawful reason for impeachment. The cabinet and the vice president can vote that the President is unfit to carry out the duties and notify congress of that decision then the vice president would become the president but that would be invoking the 25th amendment and not article Article 2 section 4 of the Constitution. Article 2 Section 4 only calls for impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanours.
  • sir82
    sir82

So if a president were to become schizophrenic he should still be allowed to be president?

Not impeachment - that would fall under Constitutional Amendment 25, Article 4.

Unlikely that that would happen, either.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Trump will not be impeached. He will be president until at least January 2021. Sorry.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Village Idiot,

4. showing signs of mental illness is not a cause of impeachment. The constitution only prescribes for impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanours.

...that would fall under Constitutional Amendment 25, Article 4.

I get your point. At least he can be removed from office if it were determined that he's nuts.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

only problem with relying on the 25th is that Cabinet members serve at the pleasure of the president so the president can fire half of his cabinet if he chooses too at any time and keep those posts vacant. The acting secretary would run that department but would not be a member of the cabinet.

• kpop
    kpop

You guys are doing exactly the same thing the Democrats accused the Tea Party of doing during Obama's 8 years. Perhaps even worse. Do you not see this? Don't answer. Let your hatred for President Trump blind your reasoning and balance. Like Sarah Silverman mistaking public utility markings on the sidewalk in LA as Trump inspired "swastickas."

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Kpop that is true. A lot of people are actually saying it that even though people may disagree with some of his policies he is doing what he campaigned on for the most part so people voted for it. He really didn't hide who he was and if enough people didn't like him they should have voted for the other party, but he did win so he is president and unless he does commit a crime he is the president till his term is up.

• blondie
    blondie

I lived through Watergate and Nixon. He finally appointed a VP then resigned. The time and money that took and the legacy it left behind not something to be repeated.

• kpop
    kpop
    Mr Oliver, please stop making sense! I want my ears to be tickled with lies from Chuck Schumer and Maxine Waters that President Trump liked to get peed on by Russian hookers while he dined with Vladimir in the Red Square. I want to hear that President Trump has a secret direct phone line into the Kremlin, and that they make daily phone calls. I want to hear that President Trump enforcing current immigration laws is racistâ„¢ and an impeachable offense. I want to hear that President Trump has the secret codes to the nuclear football and that he might one day just flip out and decide to use it on the CNN HQ in Atlanta Georgia. Because, you know.... I can't get over the fact that President Trump won! Give me my safe space!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit