to ex-jw's specifically: with what have you replaced your belief system..

by thebeliever 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I've replaced my belief system with a disbelief system; I assume something is a load of shit until I have it proved otherwise. By 'proved', I mean proof equivalent to stepping in front of a ten-ton truck; a repeatable experiment with tangible and predictable results. I no longer put any stock in 'well, I know someone it happend to', or 'it happend to me', or 'it happend to someone and they wrote a book'. Such anecdotal evidence is not neccesarily false, but I'm not going to base my life on it.

• gumby
    gumby

Gumby

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Yes, it is I!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Belief system.

Hmm?

Replaced it with what you ask?

For me, living in the here and now has been the best for me.

I don't believe in god/s. I don't believe in any afterlife, resurrection etc., and I simply live in the here and now, because that is all I know, and can relate to. It does not require any interpretation: it just is.

Different things work for different people.

Right here, right now.....is enough for me.

• Ravyn2
    Ravyn2

Nah Gumby, I have one of those cool husbands who is proud of me and jokes about starting a strip club so I can err.....'be in charge of the girls and teach them all you (I )know'.....once someone asked him if he would take the deal in that Vegas movie with Robert Redford and he said---"H*** YES!"

He knows who my heart and soul belong to, even if my body was somewhere else. Honestly I can't see that ever happening, but we totally trust each other and can be proud of what we have.

Needless to say, my belief system includes such freedoms and trust now, whereas when I was a JW I was not only ashamed of any sexual pride I might have accidently 'stumbled'(HA!) upon---but I thought it was not normal or natural or 'right' or good. Now I know better and I celebrate it in my belief system. Another reason why I am pagan and not fully xtian. (This is going to be my next thread--"Any JW Sexual Regrets?")

here are bigger pictures:

http://www.geocities.com/ladylvsnyt/bookofreflections.html

and I don't usually toot my own horn (atleast in public...) but do you remember the picture in the Live Forever book with the fallen angels and the earth girls swimming? Except for the eye color---I was the one in front. I had a friend in Bethel art dept at the time who was in love with me. I was also the poor hideous little girl with the ponytail in the old Youth book who was putting on lipstick for the first time and leaning into the mirror on the dresser--I think it was the chapter on inside being more important than outside....that sketch haunted my teen years and was responsible for 100% of my low self esteem.

on my webpage the comic book opaque was drawn for me by an animator I briefly dated in LA right after I left JWs. It is a character still, can't remember her name...but it started out me.

I am not as confident in my looks right at the moment becoz I am battling chronic health problems and have had to go back on steroids and have gained weight(been sick for two years now and back on meds). But I lost 100 pounds 10 years ago from the same problems and I can do it again if I have to. Just give me a year and I will take some new pics for all y'all!

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit