Do You Believe In A “Deep State”?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Or do you think the idea of a deep state is malarkey?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Define “deep state.”

• minimus
    minimus

Government people who behind the scenes manipulate things to favor their cause. Like a shadow government.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Deep State; a body of people, typically influential members of government agencies or the military, believed to be involved in the secret manipulation or control of government policy.

I believe there are "GROUPS" of people with vested interest in different types of machinery running in the Country. For example; "The United States is home to half of the world’s 10 largest defense contractors and to 43 of the top 100 defense companies. These companies accounted for 59% of total arms sales by the world’s 100 largest defense contractors in 2018 "

One example, Harris Corp.a defense contractor, which relies heavily on government clients, most (73%) of the company's overall revenue of $6.8 billion in 2018 came from contracts with the U.S. government.

Do you think this Corporation might have some interest in who is going to be President of the USA?????

Another company, Virginia-based technology company Leidos reported an annual revenue of $10.2 billion in 2018. About half the revenue came from the company's defense and intelligence division. The company's services include IT infrastructure, data analytics, cyber security, logistics, surveillance vehicle and equipment development and maintenance, and consulting. Its defense clients include the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, and NATO.

The company's history with the federal government goes back to its founding in 1969. The U.S. government was the company's first customer when it hired Leidos to analyze nuclear weapon effects for $70,000. More recently, the company was awarded a contract, with a five-year base period, worth a maximum of $6.5 billion, to operate and sustain the Department of Defense Information and System Networks.

I have a small plumbing company and protect my clients like a mama bear. What makes us think all these companies with vested interest wouldn't do the same.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Most definitely.

Otherwise explain how Obama got elected?

Do-nothing junior Senator from the State of Illlinois Chicago.

(OH! Chicago. That says it all!)

• minimus
    minimus

Another example. Was JFK Assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald or was there a conspiracy within a “deep state” to have professionals to get the job done? Personally, I don’t think Oswald was skillful enough to make those shots. The government would have us believe a different scenario.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Personally, I don’t think Oswald was skillful enough to make those shots.

Jeepers. I've visited Dealey Plaza and took the Book Depository tour. Frankly, I think I could have made those shots and I'm not a Marine trained marksman. Now that you mentioned Kennedy and Oswald, has anybody noticed that today's Democratic Party has turned away from the principals of John F Kennedy and embraced the principals of Lee Harvey Oswald? Just an observation.

To answer your question, yes. I believe there are entrenched people in the government who can, to a certain extent, influence what happens. Chuck Schumer referenced the deep state when he said, "You take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you." That sounds deep state-ish to me.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Here is an different example of a "Group" who has vested interest in what policies the Political party in place has to offer. That Group will protect the party that supports them and remove the one that doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uYERZX0aJM

• minimus
    minimus

Frozen, Schumer did say that recently. The advice was mind your business and don’t poke around too much or something may happen to you.

• JeffT
    JeffT

How we know the CIA and/or FBI wasn't behind the Kennedy assassination: he's dead isn't he?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit