Warwick Polution

by scotoma 18 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma
    Has there been any discussion about why Jehovah would guide his people to a polluted property to build their world headquarters?
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Tuxedo is not the site for the world headquarters. It is a staging ground for the world headquarters construction in Warwick.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The core leaders of the WTS have always been delusional idiots assuming Jah's spiritual force is guiding their organization, so from that perspective the WTS leaders aren't pressed to use critical thinking skills and their own intelligence.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Capy,

Yes the problem is at Warwick not Tuxedo.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    @ - Scotoma - Can you expound on the "pollution" issue concerning Warwick, please? I must be outta the loop, cause i havnt heard anything about it. I appreciate you letting us know, thanks.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Finkelstein...

Yup.

Virtually every goofy-ass decision the Org has made can be attributed to the fact that they are True Believers, through and through.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    The new Site for the U.K headquarters/Bethel at Chelmsford is heavily polluted, being a former (badly run?) car scrapyard. Old Catalytic Converters etc are scattered around the Site.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    - Can you expound on the "pollution" issue concerning Warwick, please? I must be outta the loop, cause i havnt heard anything about it. I appreciate you letting us know, thanks.

Someone should call the WT and ask them for a comment about the situation and ask them if they did their due diligence before buying the property or if they just felt wishfully Jehovah would guide them someway and failed to do due diligence trusting in him.

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20150608/NEWS/150609481/101008

WARWICK - The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is suing International Nickel and several of its affiliates, which it accuses of contaminating land where the religious group is now building its massive 1.6 million-square-foot world headquarters.
    The 252-acre property on Kings Drive was previously owned by International Nickel, which operated a research and development site and a foundry there between the mid-1960s and mid-1980s. Watchtower, better known as Jehovah’s Witnesses, purchased the property in 2009.
    In the lawsuit, filed in federal court in New York's Southern District, Watchtower says International Nickel operated a wastewater treatment plant at the site to handle effluent, and also owned underground tanks to store fuel and other hazardous material.
    Watchtower claims that International Nickel discharged petroleum, including oils containing polychlorinated byphenyls - or PCBs - into the wastewater treatment plant, and into the soil and groundwater, thereby contaminating the environment at the property. PCBs, which are probable human carcinogens, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, were banned in the United States in 1979.
    Watchtower is in the process of building offices, apartments to house 1,000 adults, a cafeteria, a vehicle-maintenance building, an infirmary and a parking garage in Warwick. Construction is expected to be completed by the end of 2016.
    Watchtower’s lawsuit says International Nickel failed to clean up the environmental problems it created during decades in Warwick. The suit also names International Nickel’s parent company, Vale Americas Inc., and its affiliates, including Vale Canada Limited, Precision Castparts Corp., and Special Metals Corporation.
    Watchtower could not immediately be reached for comment. A spokesman for Vale said the company hadn’t been served yet and therefore had no comment.
    It wasn’t clear when Watchtower discovered the contamination. The suit says Watchtower contacted the state Department of Environmental Conservation about the pollution in 2012 and '13, and has been cleaning the property under the direction of the DEC.
    Watchtower is seeking unspecified reimbursement for the cost it has incurred in the cleanup and remediation. It is also seeking damages, restitution and attorney fees.
  • jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

......so they are looking to get money out of it?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It sure looks more and more that they are looking to get money out of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit