Moving Back to Chicago - Don't care

by LevelThePlayingField 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Yeah, I plan to fade once I get there. I think my wife is in the same boat. Maybe this will be the best thing ever. (since sliced bread) Ha!

• cha ching
    cha ching

Hey there LTPF, so sorry about the stress, CONGRATS on your decision to move!!!

One thing I realized, once leaving JW-ville, outs that the more meetings you miss, the more thought brain can think. Indoctrinization, or mind control, takes repeat, repeat, repeat!

If you can spend more time with her, doing things she enjoys, she isn't going to "miss" (is it possible?) going to those meetings.

Good luck to you and your wife, cha ching

• Scully
    Scully

Your wife's health must take precedence over anything WT related.

They caused her stress, they caused the flare up of her symptoms. They SWINDLED money that you donated for your KH's upkeep, and then sold your KH right out from under you. They don't deserve your loyalty or hers.

Give them the big fat FARK YOU, then go live the rest of your lives in peace. Don't give them another second of your time.

When you move, find the local chapter of the MS society and attend the various events they offer. Go to the movies on cheap night. Take some cooking classes together. Just don't let the JWs in your area know who you are.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I can't believe it but my new boss just called me yesterday and said that they can no longer offer me the position in Chicago!!!! WTF!

But he did say that the SAME position is open in the area I live now.

The first thing I thought about was, "So what the hell is going to happen to my plan of fading?!"

My wife was very much set on moving as well. But maybe keeping the same apt ( we live in an efficiency apt) will be stable for her. And her MS is stable, but maybe this staying here will keep her grounded? I don't know for sure. I never told any of the elders about my moving. I was planning on just keeping it a secret, or until my "in" wife told everyone. As far as I know she hasn't yet. So maybe it's for the better.

Anyway, maybe work will have overtime and I'll be "forced to miss meetings" :)

Love you all in this community!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I'm so sorry about Chicago....looks like a beautiful city, too. Maybe next time? It's so difficult to know, isn't it? I'm guessing "efficiency" apt means an adapted apt for your wife needs? So I guess that's good and as we know stress is absolutely the worst thing for ms sufferers and they do say moving home is no.3 (?) on the list of stressful life events so in a way you must be happy to avoid that, eh?

Sounds like the misses is tiring of Watchtower. Having a New cong might be your chance of diverting her a bit, away and trying some New things together as Scully suggested. I wish you both the very best whatever you do, and there's always a next time if you've set your heart on moving.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Good luck my friend!!!!

• James Jack
    James Jack

I'm following you and please keep us up to date on any more changes in your life.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My mother has MS and it didn’t seem to progress after a while, but she wasn’t going to most meetings either do to having to take care of a sick family member. She’s now going back to meetings regularly, it will be interesting to see if your MS now starts to progress or not. It will be interesting if there maybe a direct coalition between the the growth of the diseases and meetings attendance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit