Moving Back to Chicago - Don't care

by LevelThePlayingField 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

That sounds positive and I hope the move helps.

• zeb
    zeb

LTPF my deepest best warmest wishes to you both on the big move. I hope Chicago is kind to you both.

A doctor I had years ago told me to avoid stress as much as possible, it is a killer thats for sure.

Stress on people is the oil that keeps the wt machine running.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

One of my sister's JW friends was diagnosed with ms a number of years ago. They were attending the same hall. My sister said her friend with ms no longer comes to the meetings. The husband stopped going too. I always wondered why they stopped going. After reading this thread I now understand why she can't come to the meetings anymore. The JW life is too stressful and we're always told we're not doing enough. I'll share this info with my sister.

Thanks for sharing your story.

• zeb
    zeb

Please consider taking your wife and yourself too to a counsellor,

Live long and prosper.

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

Hello!

You may already be aware of this, but there is a group of exJWs that meet periodically in the Chicago/Chicago Suburbs. Once you've settled in (and if you feel comfortable doing so) take a look at the Meetup website and join in. Not sure when the next gathering will be, but we have a good time when we do!

The Chicago Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses Meetup Group

https://www.meetup.com/exjw-29/

Best wishes!

ExpandedMind

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I wish you both all the very best my friend!

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

When you move to Chicago just don't go to any meetings there, just fade- it will so much better for both of you

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it is possible, I have to highly agree with ALL OR NOTHING above.
    If not, still consider fading quickly, quietly.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Good for you. Bravo.

• hybridous
    hybridous

I like the advice all or nothing and OTWO gave...

Leave behind the JW life and just see how much better life feels for both of you - without all the unnecessary stress.

Moving is a great opportunity to get out of the cult, either cold turkey or a rapid fade. Wish you the best and better, brighter days ahead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit