If "the Truth" is the truth, why are witnesses so scared of research?

by stuckinarut2 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Rainbow: That's W.C Fields, right. Can you imagine this guy knocking on your door, a typical door to door salesman.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

re. stuck's cartoon...

I can't decide whether to laugh like an idiot or cry into my drink.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Perhaps they can change "The Truth" to "The Alternate Facts". Then you wouldn't have to research at all.

• kpop
    kpop

Why is it that logic always fails when you are inside a cult?

This logic that OP says is 100% proof that the JW is not "Jehovah's only organization" but rather a fraud.

The truth is always the truth which is why the JW's fail.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, truth is truth no matter who presents it.

Even CT Russel said "truth remains truth no matter who presents it. Even if the devil himself presented something of truth, it would still be truth" (words to that effect)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "If witnesses are so convinced that they have 'the Truth', why is the act of researching information from external sources so taboo?"

Because deep down, a lot of 'em aren't so convinced.

When you're privately afraid you're wrong about something you publicly insist you're not, do you go out of your way to confirm your suspicions or voice said fears?

I'm betting no.

Know how I know?

'Cause that was me.

Not to mention that it was essentially confirmed in a Maclean's magazine piece about JWs a few years back... that many active JWs - under condition of anonymity - admitted to concerns that the WTS might actually be a "false religion".

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINARUT:

Because their beliefs cannot stand up to scrutiny or the light of day, that's why.

A lot of what JWs do in their 'culture' is not based on the Bible but just stupid traditions, biases and opinions of men.

• zeb
    zeb

A bro Jonsson researched the 607 thing and he sent his work onto Bethel NY. The outcome was that he and wt had a parting of the ways.

The gb did not like his researching or particularly the outcome. They don't like being proven wrong.

see his book "The Gentile Times Reconsidered".

Was it Hitler who said that people would sooner believe a lie knowing its a lie having heard it often that believe the truth after hearing it once.?

• S K Ditta
    S K Ditta

May I answer the opening question with the question:

Between Pilate and the Jewish people of Jesus' time, who appears to be the wiser? They both had "the truth" standing right there in front of them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit