If "the Truth" is the truth, why are witnesses so scared of research?

by stuckinarut2 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

LOL. Rutherford looks like such a carny huckster in that photo I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it.

It's a good thing that he was capable of appearing respectable and earnest when he wanted to, or no one would have been taken in by his BS.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Never mind that JWs are, as some said above 'scared of doing research outside JW literature', they are indeed scared of doing research WITHIN JW literature. A simple thing as opening their eyes to what is on the page in front of them is made impossible. Look for example at a 'very important' chapter of the "Kingdom Book" now being studied (I use that term loosely) at the weekly meeting. Chapter 2, paragraph 29 versus paragraph 33. They both cannot be true.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/gods-kingdom/the-kingdom-is-born-in-heaven/

It's less painful to bang your head against a rock than to make a JW see what's on the page.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Outside information is always deemed a potential threat to cult leaders.

Most cults control people and their cognitive thinking by imposing ignorance within a socialized tincture of fear, the JW cult is no different in this regard.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Gone are publications like "Make Sure of All Things". I used to debate CO's who stayed at my FIL's home. This was a while ago. I never worried about WT backlash back then. All are now gone, replaced by company men who have no independent thought.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I was thinking about this today. Remember the illustration in the Bible Teach book that shown a teacher at a blackboard with a student claiming to know better than the teacher? WT reasoned that when Satan challenged Jehovah by claiming to be able rule man better, Jehovah let Satan have a go to prove that he would fail.

The same argument could be used here, WT claims to have the truth. Some apostates come along and claim to have information that proves them false. What does WT do? Allow them to present their reasoning and evidence? Nope! Tell their member to instead Ignore, silence and stick their fingers in their ears and la-la-la it.

• schnell
    schnell

@pale.emperor, they are given the Deus Ex Machina card to play in any instance when their truth claim is threatened. "New scrolls," "wait on Jehovah," etc.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Rainbow_Troll...

Pretty sure that second pic was touched up by the photographers of the time... :smirk:

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Jehovah's Witnesses are safe inside their spiritual paradise gated community.

Brother Zombie is here seen communicating with a reporter.

Brothers and sisters behind chime in with "NO INFORMATION... NO INFORMATION TAKE IT AWAY... AWAY"

• tepidpoultry
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    biblexaminer - "They both cannot be true."

Why not?

The GB manages to believe conflicting things all the time.

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit