If "the Truth" is the truth, why are witnesses so scared of research?

by stuckinarut2 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Because they have a Teflon brain

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I asked this of an Elder, who said he did research on non-JW Sites, like Wiki. I thought that's a start.

He then said that any whiff of a Site being Apostate and he was off. I said "Why ? if something is true, it doesn't matter if Satan the Devil himself told you it, it is still true, why be afraid of truth?".

He waffled round this.

Truth can withstand any scrutiny, it is the Lie that quickly tumbles, falls and disappears. Perhaps deep down they know their religion is a Big Lie.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

The funny thing is that many of the org's beliefs can be discredited by using their own publications.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    Phizzy10 hours ago

I asked this of an Elder, who said he did research on non-JW Sites, like Wiki. I thought that's a start.

He then said that any whiff of a Site being Apostate and he was off. I said "Why ? if something is true, it doesn't matter if Satan the Devil himself told you it, it is still true, why be afraid of truth?".

A truth presented by Satan himself is just as true as a truth stated by God. ~ Charles Taze Russell

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Phizzy - "Perhaps deep down they know their religion is a Big Lie."

I personally had a deep, secret fear that wasn't really "The Truth".

No way I was the only one.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "A truth presented by Satan himself is just as true as a truth stated by God." - Charles Taze Russell

Damn, no wonder Rutherford wanted to purge virtually every Russell-ish influence from the WTS...

...just about everything he wrote was the opposite of the direction the Judge wanted to take the Org.

Makes you wonder just how the f**k Rutherford ever got mixed up with the JWs in the first place.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think its a different sort of truth

• schnell
    schnell
    Makes you wonder just how the f**k Rutherford ever got mixed up with the JWs in the first place.

"Money? Power? Booze? LOL Sign me up!"

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

What makes a site Apostate?

Something stated by an Ex JDub?

By "False Religion?"

By a renowned University that's "unfavorable?"

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I remember one of the last circuit assemblies I physically attended while been fully awake. The CO at the time making the comment from the stage "we know we have the truth so why would we want to go looking out side of Jehovah's organisation on the internet". I can replay this over in my head with perfect clarity because it hit me like a bus. There you have it folks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit