DF’d or DA???

by DATA-DOG 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Lmao at all of the people that say that disassociating is admitting they have power over you...... from a bunch of people that are on a forum all about Jehovah's Witnesses. It's just admitting the truth and not living in denial. I'd rather live in reality. Disassociation puts up a wall between you and the cult. I don't care who came up with the word or process, it truly puts a distance in that fading can't give you. It is way more freeing than fading and having to hide your real self to play their game. Disassociate, be done, and take a stand. Don't fade and give implicit validation of their way of life, take a stand against it. Be willing to lose everyone you ever knew. It takes courage but makes more of a statement than slinking away into the night.

The cult has a measure of power over all of us. We wouldn't all be here if it didn't. It took so much from us. Use this one opportunity to take a stand against it and disassociate.

If a person wants to fade for family reasons that's cool too, just don't prop yourselves up on the backs of those that took a stand. Your decision ends with you, no reason to push down those that disassociate to feel better. If you're making your own decision you don't need to compare. I only did so here because I'm tired of the anti-disassociation rhetoric and people that discourage very personal decisions made by others. It sucks.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Dubstepped.... I can't applaud ur comment enough. In the years that I've been on this site I have seen people express that opinion so much air really gets out of control after a certain point. It always helps me to remind them when they start jumping on my back about dissociating that regard this of the situation they are still and always will be a Jehovah's witness although an active they are still a Jehovah's witness

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

DF and DA has the same repercussions and they would announce the same way from the Podium, whatever it is.

Just ignore their calls and fade away. Come to the real world and Enjoy the freedom. Educate yourself a lot about true happiness, nature and evolution. Everyday would fascinate you. My Experience.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Elders manual states:

A judicial committee should not continue an investigation into alleged wrongdoing if the accused person makes known his decision to disassociate himself. (w84 7/1 p. 31) However, at no time should the elders ask the accused if he desires to disassociate himself. If the elders are handling a particularly difficult case and there is a question about whether the person has disassociated himself, it would be best for the committee to contact the branch office for further direction. If an individual is determined to disassociate himself, then the committee would prepare a summary of the alleged offense(s) and the evidence of such. This would be kept along with information regarding the disassociation. If the person later requests reinstatement, these matters would need to be considered with him at that time.
  • just fine
    just fine

Do whatever you think is best. I wish you didn’t have to make this choice at all. I hope you can find peace once this is all over. (Hugs)

• Giordano
    Giordano

You know your circumstances better then us. If its time to close the books on this religion then DA and put it to rest.

Try not to confess anything ever again to the WTBTS minions. They feed on confessions. However It's OK to confess on this forum if its really entertaining. Sort of in the "No shit", "Wish I had done that." range.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

This, I love it !!!!

Sail Away

" I chose to send a letter of resignation by way of my attorney. Ultimately the same effect as DF/DA, but I took control of my life. Best thing ever to be free of this cult "

Elders excitedly open letter, read legal terminology. Blood pressure rises, foreskins recoil and sphincter tightening session begins. Loss of power, goes home no sex from wife.

Sue me, hehe

Screw them all DA rules !!!!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

If you want to have fun you could announce yourself ala this thread. It made me want to work my way back in just to disassociate again, lol:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5204217443647488/what-would-happen-if-you-announced-yourself

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Have you had a committee meeting already and they are debating the results, or have they even met with you? If they have not met with you I suppose you can DA, If you confessed to 2 people, elders included, it is likely that they would choose to DF. The record will show you were kicked out. They would also note your confession if you DA. Being DA'd makes no difference except you can say to JW's you meet "you quit" rather than were "kicked out". I think that ship has sailed. More trouble than its worth.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If you get DF'd but prefer to be DA'd, you can always appeal the decision (I believe it is 7 days).

During the appeal process, just say that after a prayerful consideration of the matter, you would prefer to be DA'd instead of DF'd.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit