Slightly different approach - JW my tradition

by closed 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I think you have an interesting perspective. I am still very glad I am out, but I get that for you there isn't enough dwnnside to get out
  • closed
    closed

Thank you for all comments. ToesUp you right. I don't blame or judge people. Many have all reasons to feel deeply hurt. I am really sorry for them. I try to do what Crazyguy was talking about. I study and talk with my family hoping they will make wise decisions. I may be overly cautious but I had as an elder some strange experiences but it will be another topic.

Thanks a lot again EVERYBODY for all comments.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I may be overly cautious but I had as an elder some strange experiences but it will be another topic

please share

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

exjw666 I guess we are on the same island ( if the picture is your reg number).

i just saw that--i am in the UK--heres a link to more of us:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/197364/ex-jw-uk?page=1&size=20

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

heres me--with my car--outside a nearby KH--can you tell where it is ?

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

To me, it really boils down to which path has the biggest downside. For some, the pain of staying in is worse than the pain of getting out. For others such as you, the downside of getting out is far more painful than staying in. To each his own. Of course, I still attend for the sake of family which is likely why I don't think its a big deal. I really believe our experiences and bias really color our opinion much more than the facts.

Welcome to the board and look forward to hearing more from you!

• pbrow
    pbrow

Hey closed.... Something you said is very important... "good friends on the outside" While my personal preference was to leave and I am glad of it, I think the important thing is getting your kids involved with this world. The jdub world is constructed to be exclusive and keep people in and it works very well if you dont burst the bubble. If you are able to burst that bubble at a young age it will go along way to helping your children see the bs in the church.

While I do not think your reasoning that basically "all churches injure or hurt people" is a good reason to stay with the dubs... I see that as proof positive that I should leave any/all churches.... i guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Welcome to the forum... glad your kids are on their way out.

pbrow

• closed
    closed
    DB and pbrow. Thank you. I appreciate your comments. Yes, as JW are high cost movement it takes effort to get in and stay. And even more effort to get out. That's why good plan and well prepared actions are necessary. I know it is hard but being hysterical and rushing without an objective causes more harm than good. It is, obviously, my personal opinion / experience.
  • Freesoul
    Freesoul

Closed

when I originally faded I thought could do what you are doing now, but going to the meeting week after week, month after month listening to the same boring stuff over and over again started to make me mad, because now I could see the manipulation. After awhile and couldn't pretend to just go along with it.

As long as your children don't stay in it, because once they get involved with someone, or get married, if you ever leave, then they will have to shun you and you will only have yourself to blame.

I had a friend who thought she would leave her children make up their own minds, she was later disfellowshipped for smoking, After 5 years of not being able to cope with her children not being in contact with her, she applied for reinstatement just so that she can talk to her own kids.

Good luck in any decision you want to make, we have all been where you are now, just take a day at a time.

• closed
    closed

StanLD. Sorry I have already posted thank you on a different thread.

Freesoul. Your point makes sense. That is why I need to work on the children right now.

Actally, family study and time spent with them are my priorities. 1. close bonds 2.informations about mistakes, changing teachings etc. I want them to uphold moral values but I want to teach them not to be afraid to think and act different while helping them to find their pleasures outside.

Of course. No guaranties of success.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit