Slightly different approach - JW my tradition

by closed 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• closed
    closed

Hello again. I didn't expect such a energetic discussion;) although I expected some angry comments. And it's ok with me. You suffer a lot you hate a lot.

I want to clarify something. I don't say my way is the best. It may be just temporary. I have never liked revolutions. The loses could be far too big.

It works for us now. I am not sure about the future. Children or rather teenagers and young adults are doing just fine. The oldest had her degree last year. I teach them to think and make their own decisions.

They know about 1925, 1975 etc. They have good friends outside.

They will do what they want.

• Alive!
    Alive!

'You suffer a lot and you hate a lot'

When I converted to be a witness of Jehovah I believed that I started training for a time when I'd have to stand up and be counted.

I believed by taking a stand, in the workplace, amongst my non witness family and friends - that I'd be strengthening my character.

Good luck to you and your family with your somewhat duplicit acceptance of half truths for the sake of comfort.

That's not spoken in hate - but think about it and what it could ultimately do to the shaping of your character and that of those you love.

You belong to a church that has no freedom of speech, open communication in the spirit of truth is not tolerated.

Its not good. Is it?

• closed
    closed

Wosaelder Once. Yea. You are right. I have been lucky so far. Just the very last boe was combination of all you mentioned. But I suffered less than many of you. So I understand.

exjw666 I guess we are on the same island ( if the picture is your reg number).

I believe it is better to give a family stability and help them to learn and think- even on a manure hip than to toss them around.

But I may be wrong. And we free to do what we think is the best. Isn't it what we all want after years of subjection?

• closed
    closed

StephaneLaliberte.

Thank you. I will think about your advice.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    Interesting..... This looks like shit, smells like shit, feels like shit and tastes like shit... But hey we don't have to worry about having to find another pile of shit.
  • Alive!
    Alive!

Totally understand that having family raises all sorts of concerns - especially when you see them doing fine, the thought of dropping any bombs would not be something that feels 'right'.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I have one thing for you to think about. Please never put your children in this situation:

My father was going into surgery. He refused blood. The Hospital Liason Committee was in the pre- op area. Thehywere the witnesses on his Medical Power of Attorney stating that he refused blood. I was NOT a decision maker even in the event of emergency.

Please don't ever make your children hear this conversation:

Doctor: " So, you are refusing blood even in the case that such refusal would lead to your death"

Dad: "That is correct."

Doctor: "Please sign this waiver."

Dad: Signs waiver.

Me: "I love you, Daddy!" Gives him a kiss on the cheek.

Doctor: wheels dad away

Please, please, please, never make one of your children go through that! It nearly broke my heart.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think the key is teaching your children. If I had it to do over again I would of not left. I would of instead had a family study with my kids and showed them the proper way of being a Christian so to speak even though I'm an agnostic. Then with that go over the history of the cult so they would know about all the crap, hoping in the end it would help to wake them up. Now that I'm out I'm not sure they'll listen to me much.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

There are more ways of showing support for a dangerous mind control group than being an appointed man or contributing funds. Just by placing your bum on the KH seat everytime you attend one of their indoctrination sessions you are counted in their stats. Stats that keep the WT lie going. If you're still engaging in FS you are counted as "active" contributing to their number tally that keeps the lie going.

Of course, it's your life, but personally once I saw the ugly, ugly side to the org I just could not in all good conscience lend support to this group. I felt passive attendance is still support and silence can be interpreted as approval.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"You suffer a lot you hate a lot."

I don't think it's hate. I don't hate anyone. I think it's hurt. You have been hurt yourself. As someone mentioned before, some on here have endured more than I can possibly imagine going through. You see, I have been hurt but some have been abused (sexually, physically and emotionally), I can't even imagine what some have had to put up with. The scars are deep for some. It's not my place to judge them, I have never walked in their shoes.

Closed,I wish you and your family all the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit