Aussie jw girl very sick in US funded by wordly people carity

by sherrie11 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Looks like she's reached her target. Great news. My heart really goes out to her and her family.

Just on a side note though, $150,000 was needed and theres, what?, 8 million Jehovahs Witnesses? They'd only need to donate 2 cents each and it would have been paid for overnight.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Do u want them to help or not?"

I'd like to see the WT help even the most lowly of publishers, they won't. They pick and choose. That's the point I am trying to make. I am a card carrying/proud mentally diseased apostate. You see, I spent 40 plus years not being allowed to have an opinion. As most of us hear have. So glad I'm free!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

ToesUp - "...Why can't the JW organization help them?..."

You mean, "Why won't the JW organization help them?"

Answer: because at the current low retention rate, odds are high the girl might leave "The Truth" in the near future, and then the Org's investment will have been wasted.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    SkyGreen: If the wt society publicized how much they gave the family then everyone would be onto them about boasting

But Sky, they ARE BOASTING! I watched that program again and here is what was said:

• They are special because they are JW.
    • All of their lives are centered on JW activities.
    • Jehovah sustained them in their hardest time.
    • They had a lot of provisions from the organization, including HLC, patients visitation elders and hospitality from the brothers and sisters.
    • Phelicity: "Jehovah is more powerful then my health problem and I know he can fix it."
    • Kent Floding (quoting scriptures): Jehovah will hold on to her with his right hand of righteousness.

In that report, they completely omitted the financial help from worldly people, from charities, help from their government over the years, and finally, the medical team (doctors and nurses) that even became emotionally involved.

This could and should have been in that video. They still could have thanked Jehovah for all of this! Unfortunately, for the man in NY, Jehovah is synonymous with their Organization. And since it was not from their organization, they had to ignore it.

To me, there is no grater sin but to ignore righteousness.

• nmthinker
    nmthinker

SkyGreen
    10 hours ago
    If the wt society publicised how much they gave the family then everyone would be onto them about boasting. Cant have a double standard. I dont know exact figures because i wasnt told.

This is crazy logic. As already mentioned in the video they were boasting that they provided assistance, even though Jesus instructs us to give in secret.

There is no way to tell if they backed up all the talk with actual funds. But if they WERE paying all the funds in secret, then why the need for the gofundme campaign? Something doesn't add up.

We see how they are willing to boast about the elaborate and beautiful Warwick construction, and can pocket billions from real estate as proof of God's approval, though. That is clear enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit