Aussie jw girl very sick in US funded by wordly people carity

by sherrie11 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The family of Phelicity Sneesby lived through several difficult years and now must live with their griefs. I do not doubt this family and would like to say bring any negative light to them. They already had their fair share.

In regards to the Watchtower however, their “report” was basically a promotional item for their organization. Here’s the summary:

Because Phelicity and her family are in the truth, they have help that they would never have otherwise. Despite this grave illness, they are happy and spiritually active! If she can be so active, what’s your excuse? As for Phelicity, with Jehovah’s help, she will overcome this temporary misfortune and be blessed.

Though they received help from her “spiritual family”, they completely ignored the worldly people, including charities like McDonald’s! Plenty non JWs gave (including to the growd funding) and Yet, JWs took all the glory. Even omitting to update the video that she has passed away within the same month!

They didn’t care about her, otherwise, they would have brought her up in the following monthly broadcast. It is clear that all they wanted was a sob story that would move people and nothing more.

SkyGreen: The Watchtower helped that family? I bet most of the help were: A place to stay, food, and local transportation. Each of them were likely provided for free by local JWs. For these, the interaction from bethel would have been limited to the phone call notifying the local elders of the need. For these, not a single penny from the World Wide Work Fund would have been needed.

What I’d like to know is: Did the Watchtower actually pay for medical bills, flights or other type of expenses where actual money is needed?

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

Yes they did

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Like I said above...Watchtower helped because of WHO she was and who she was related to (part time Bethelites).

How many of us on this forum have witnessed the most wonderful, faithful witnesses that would lay their life down for Jehovah (aka the organization) BUT they where just not of the "special class?" You know the ones I am talking about. The Bethelites or the "heavy hitters" (rich Brothers). The ones that could DO something for WT. Remember.....FOLLOW THE MONEY!

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

I came here to defend the sneesbys motives not the wt.

So many on here have had nasty things to say about them without knowing all the facts

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

'In this case the jw org did help a LOT just fyi."

You mentioned JW dot org in a previous post. Not attacking family, just WT for how they choose to help others. There are a lot of people who a wonderful people within the org, I just won't back up WT. They have their own agenda....THEM.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Alright, so I hear "They helped a lot"... do you have numbers? Remember, they could have paid ONE medical bill and some JW could repeat that they paid ALL the medical bills. All I am trying to be here is factual. Does anyone has actual numbers?

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen
    If the wt society publicised how much they gave the family then everyone would be onto them about boasting. Cant have a double standard. I dont know exact figures because i wasnt told.
  • SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

It was a non jw who told me and they never said wt said ALL medical bills. From wgat they were told by the sneesbys, phelicity almost died several times post surgery and the branch covered travel costs for her dad to get to her. They have been incredibly thankful to everone that helped them, nit jyst "the society" i dont have aby more details.

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

Toesup in a previous post you were saying why isnt wt helping this girl. I was replying with the fact they had in this case. But now u change tune and say it was only because of who she is. Do u want them to help or not?

By all means criticise the wt org but be consistent or u sound like a mentally diseased apostate... ah crap that IS what we are... my bad 😋

Im tired. Naptime

• Listener
    Listener
    Sky Green - If the wt society publicised how much they gave the family then everyone would be onto them about boasting. Cant have a double standard.

We don't usually give prizes for posts but I'd say I'd have to call this the post of the year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit