Wife told me a tale about a letter writing experience and my BS meter was like "uhhh ya rightttttt"

by goingthruthemotions 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Overrated
    Overrated

My BS meter went off after reading the post. Anything JW's or Watchtower puts out gets an automatic BS rating. I can't help it. The stuff they tell is just too good to be true. Or makes you think WTF.

• hoser
    hoser

I used to be in good enough standing to be interviewed at the assemblies. You practice what you will say in front of the elder that will interview you. Just before the session the DO and CO listen to the part and tell you to change what you say(lie). They say it would be more “encouraging “ to the brothers if you took this out and said this.

All bullshit

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I asked my wife, Is this a personal experience from the JW who told you or was it from someone else.
    My wife said it was a personal experience.

sorry to say but I think that answer was a bit of “theocratic warfare” to encourage you !! Your wife probably justified it by thinking “well it was a personal experience”, just not by the woman who told it to her!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    JWUD Well, to be honest, that is one of the ways that JWs draw people in. They call on, send letters to, and visit people who are at risk. They draw in the lonely and people who need help. I saw this happen all the time. It is very possible that an elderly woman received such a letter and carried it in her purse. It is highly unlikely that the person who helped her was the same person who sent her the letter. The JWs often inflect truths with non-truths.

I was thinking that, too JWUndubbed . It’s not unusual for the elderly to carry & treasure personal letters of any kind. Maybe there to read fully at an opportune moment.

The unbelievable part is that it was the same person.

Its very typical for witnesses to embellish stories in order to validate their beliefs and virtue signal to other dubs.

• TheListener
    TheListener

....No, I wrote that letter....

Will the real letter writer please stand up!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

It must have been a hell of a lot better than any sample letters I've seen. Maybe more like carrying the dog or plate photo as a curiosity, or more probable so bad it is entertaining

• Konagirl
    Konagirl
    "Well, I'm a Jehovah's Witness, and we take time to help". I don't think I've ever heard...."Well, I'm a (Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran, Mormon, Muslim, athiest), and we take time to help". Some people just say, "my pleasure", or simply "glad I could help". JWs "boast" in every way possible. They are a prideful people, taught to be that way by an arrogant leadership which runs an organization believed to have no equal. Prov 16:18; Matt 15:14; Rev 13:4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit