Wife told me a tale about a letter writing experience and my BS meter was like "uhhh ya rightttttt"

by goingthruthemotions 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

So me and my PIMI wife are driving today and normally we don't talk anything about her stupid cult. because it will end up with me saying something and her getting P.O'ed.

Well anyways i have been trying to just ignore the BS and keep my mouth shut. I just don't have the time to be mad.

So anyways to story goes.

During her letting writing with other women in the cult. One women shared an experience where supposedly she was at a grocery story and an older women was struggling with her groceries.

The JW went and asked her if she could help. ( as if only witnesses offer help LOL) The woman refused, but finally said ok. Then the non JW said it was sad how so many people are in a rush and thank you for taking the time to help.

Well the JW said, "well I am a jehovahs witness and we take the time to help."

The non JW said, " I just got a letter from a Jehovah witness and it was such a encouraging letter, in fact I keep it with me here in my purse and pulled out the letter.

(LOL ya righttt)

The JW said, " I write letters, is there a name on the letter?"

the NON JW: " yes the name is ******." (who knows. i didn't ask.)

The JW said: Thats my name, I wrote that letter.

The NON jw was so impressed that she started a bible study.

I asked my wife, Is this a personal experience from the JW who told you or was it from someone else.

My wife said it was a personal experience.

I was like Yeah righttttttttt, but i bit my tongue.

Anyone hear stupid stuff like this from the letter writing. Maybe the JW woman was lying and trying to start a folklore.

• PhilosophicalLogic
    PhilosophicalLogic

That is a hilarious story! I can’t imagine that it’s true. So you are married to a Jehovah’s witness. Would you rather be married to a regular Christian instead? If so, you might want to share these articles with your wife:

https://www.str.org/w/talking-to-jehovah-s-witnesses-start-here

Also, what does PIMI mean?

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

PIMI means physically in mentally in . Yep that story sounds fishy to me. It sounds like some experience you would hear at the circuit assembly. Then everyone would clap.

• PhilosophicalLogic
    PhilosophicalLogic

@greenhornet

Thanks for explaining that. Were you also a Jehovah’s Witness at one point?

• joe134cd
  • greenhornet
    greenhornet

P logic ... Yes ,I was raised as a JW. Walked out in the mid 90s

• alanv
    alanv

Its possible its true. There are always odd experiences somewhere in the world or even in your own country. But they are very much the exception rather than the rule, which is why last year the service report showed they had lost more people than they had gained.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    The NON jw was so impressed that she started a bible study.

It could be true, but it sounds embellished.

When I was a regular pioneer, I had 10 "bible studies" one month. I can assure anyone that JW's do not study the bible with their inductees. They study a WT publication that tells a "just so" story and the story selects a few out of context scriptures, mostly from the OT and ignores the rest.

It doesn't matter which publication story is studied, the stories all end the same way: You have to go through the Watchtower in order to get to God and be allowed to work for your salvation for one thousand years in the Millennium.

The apostles taught a much different gospel :

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."

• Justmemorph
    Justmemorph

It could be true. If you write letters to people locally you may well have a run in with one, and if you take every opportunity to identify yourself id be surprised if eventually you did NOT run into someone to whom you written.

Thats how advertising and marketing works.

What it is NOT is proof that god made it happen. Its called the law of averages and salesman have been using it for as long as there have been salesjobs. Its no more significant than finding a penny on the sidewalk after thinking you never find pennies on the sidewalk...

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Smells like, BULL-FUGGIN-SHE-IT!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit