Wife told me a tale about a letter writing experience and my BS meter was like "uhhh ya rightttttt"

by goingthruthemotions 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

She just happened to have the letter in her purse? 😂😂

• menrov
    menrov
    The woman refused, but finally said ok

I assume the standard JW tactic was applied .... keep pushing..

Good story and of course, ssoooooo true

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    The non JW said, " I just got a letter from a Jehovah witness and it was such a encouraging letter, in fact I keep it with me here in my purse and pulled out the letter.
    (LOL ya righttt)
    The JW said, " I write letters, is there a name on the letter?"
    the NON JW: " yes the name is ******."

The JW said: Thats my name, I wrote that letter.

Non JW said: Thank you for confirming your name. I'm a Subpoena server and I've been following you. You're being served for using the U.S Postal Service to harass private citizens and solicit Cult membership.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Yea, there's a bunch of these kind of stories on exjwreddit. I don't even read them anymore, unless I feel like having a good laugh.

But a few months back when the pandemic was at it's worst, one born in jw said that during the CO's talk on Zoom, he had heard that "A Person" received the letter and shared it with his family. The "Person" went to jw.org and started researching through the whole website. After one week of 24/7 hours of researching jw.org, the man and his family realized they have found the TRUTH.

So they contacted headquarters and asked for a bible study and the whole family are now, quote; "OUR BROTHERS and SISTERS"

As always, (No name, No location, just an anecdotal evidence) just proof that letter writing WORKS!

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

Well, to be honest, that is one of the ways that JWs draw people in. They call on, send letters to, and visit people who are at risk. They draw in the lonely and people who need help. I saw this happen all the time. It is very possible that an elderly woman received such a letter and carried it in her purse. It is highly unlikely that the person who helped her was the same person who sent her the letter. The JWs often inflect truths with non-truths. That is part of the indoctrination. But it is also true that regular people who are in the cult lie for attention. Seen it and did it all the time. They are harmless white lies in and of themselves. People in dysfunctional lives often lie, for no good reason. Children of dysfunctional adults often make stupid little lies for no good reason. You learn about this if you ever go to an AA or ACOA group. I've personally found it to be true of the JWs as well.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Door step ( grocery aisle) study?

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Well the JW said, "well I am a Jehovah witness and we take the time to help."

What so special about that ?

I've done that many times at the local grocery store and I'm not religoius .

You dont have to be religious or a JWS to be kind, considerate and empathic to others.

Actually those are the reasons why I left the JWS.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Maybe the question should be asked why dont JWS participate in giving to the poor, the sick and disadvantaged as other Christian based faiths do ?

Those were the actual instructions that were handed out by Jesus to his followers.

I'm always impressed by my grandmother's church (Anglican) who go out to help the needy, sick and homeless, all volunteered with their own donations.

Would you see JWS doing that ?

I dont think so.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This is reaching urban myth proportions, it has been repeated by at least one CO. If there is any actual evidence of this I think it is deeply buried.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Probably bull 💩

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit