Just wanting confirmation on an unofficial JW experience

by joe134cd 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny this unofficial JW experience that my father received by email. I’ve told him that it against Wt rules to forward unofficial accounts. But of course he just puts that down to apostate driven lies. What concerns me though is that he is now forwarding this email onto others, which may be just totally untrue.

It goes something like this;

A pioneer sister wrote a letter to the CEO of Zoom. She thanked the CEO, that it has allowed the JWs to keep in contact, with each other, and attend the services. The CEO was to impressed with the letter that he forwarded it to 2000 of his staff employees, and this resulted in a fine witness been given.

So can anyone confirm, deny, or has heard something similar in jw circles. Is it just urban JW ledgened similar to the smurf doll running out of the KH. I’m just scared this is going to make my father look a foolish.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Make you want to chuck up Joe.

RB.

• sir82
    sir82

I've not heard that one, but it perfectly fits the pattern of dozens if not hundreds of other JW urban legends....

"A sister who cleans the house of the president of an African nation.....and a fine witness was given..."

"A brother happened to be sitting next to a famous Hollywood actor in an airport.....and a fine witness was given...."

"A sister sent an email to the CEO of a 'no blood transfusion' surgical hospital.....and a fine witness was given..."

And on and on. Just enough detail so it sounds plausible, but no names, dates, internet links...no verifiable claims at all.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Narcissists. They think their delusion is the center of everything going on in the world. Everyone either loves or hates them, meanwhile few actually care about them on any level. But they're the heroes of their own fantasy lives, and that's enough for them.

• Ding
    Ding

It reminds me of those little "at the door" skits at the KH where the householder listens with rapt attention to the whole spiel and then cheerfully thanks the dubs for coming and bringing her the message.

Never once did they tell the JWs to get lost and slam the door shut.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Whether or not these 'fine witness' accounts are true or not, did the person being 'fine witnessed' to become a Jehovah's Witness after?

No. Therefore, they will still be killed at Armageddon.

• TD
    TD

Yes. And the JW's inspired John Lennon's song, Imagine

And "The NWT" was the correct answer to a Jeopardy question about the most accurate translation.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Didn't jehober 'create' Zoom just for jw's? I heard that jehober sent the Covid-19 scourge just so jw's could be on the cutting edge of using Zoom to show the world that nothing could stop the "preaching the good news"!

OMG! Is that another urban legend?

just saying!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Zoom is a Chinese internet company which means they are partially if not wholly owned by the CCP. If they forwarded a ‘fine witness’, regardless of whether they agreed with it, their heads would roll faster than you can say Jehovah’s Witness.

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

There is a zero percent chance that the CEO of any large company reads emails from customers sent to him or her. Zero.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit