Watchtower Study Today from August 2017 issue " Wait Patiently"

by BluesBrother 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is one thing to wait patiently for, say, Saturn to leave Sagittarius or for Neptune to enter 9 degrees of Pisces (you can track those things). It is another to wait on joke-hova for something that it is a sin to attempt to track. The whole thing is a scam, and by being expected to keep on waiting patiently, you are wasting your whole life setting your soul up for a lousy rotten miserable next life. And that's not including working for the damnation of the whole planet under full communism.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The check is in the mail..... multiply that by a hundred years. How many would still believe it is coming in real life after 2 months? The check I mean...

• steve2
    steve2

The check is in the mail..... multiply that by a hundred years.

Actually, the Watchtower became an incorporated body in 1876 - so the wait has been even longer.

• steve2
    steve2

The generation that witnessed the events of 1914 and - we were told - would not pass away before the end, has passed away.

Patience buys charlatans more time to continue spreading their false and evolving prophecies.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I find it despicable that they change what they said digital so if u threw out those bound volumes and wanted to research all the indoctrination u were force fed as a kid...too bad because your cd rom or web site research will not produce what used to be...super bait and switch move, unfortunately we all made life decisions on those lies🤔😳😡

• jp1692
    jp1692

• Expectation postponed makes the heart sick. - Proverbs 13:12

Q: Who exactly was it that created these "expectations" in the first place?

A: The leaders and writers of the WTBTS publications.

So it is they that have made our hearts sick!

But of course they will never ever admit to being more wrong mistaken; instead they have to blame those that listened to them, as if it were our fault we believed them.

Victim blaming at it's best.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

My jobo spy told me they felt mentally drained after this load of Governing body horse sh1t. I am told (and I really don't want to waste minutes of my life reading this propaganda), the word 'patience' was used 37 times in this load of dog mess.

I bet they never used the name 'Jesus' that many times recently.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Someone mentioned in the watchtower study that it was weird that the artist chose blond hair for one of the babies on page 5. The two babies are supposed to be Esau and Jacob. Esau was said to have a red look which could mean he had red hair. This would explain the brown/red haired baby in Abraham's arms. Then who's the blond baby in Rebekah's arms? Both Rebekah and Isaac are both brunet. Jacob should have come out brunet or bald. There is no mention of him being a different color. The wiki page on Esau says his brother Jacob was called "Tam" which means "relatively perfect man". Either the artist is a racist or he is playing a practical joke and is one of us.

What do you think?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Apparently WT feels that "relatively perfect" babies have blond hair.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I found it ridiculous that they held up Jehovah's display of patience as being a great example that should motivate us to be patient. According to what the Bible teaches, humans have exhibited far more patience than the Bible records Jehovah as ever showing. How so? The Bible says that 1000 years to us is just as 1 day to Jehovah. So the 6000 years of human history - according to the Bible / JW chronology - is just as a mere 6 days to Jehovah! If Armageddon comes 1000 years from now, Jehovah would have had to wait, from his perspective, a mere 7 days to see his original purpose for the earth and mankind fulfilled. A mere 7 days! How much patience does it take to wait 7 days, compared to the patience that many humans exhibit by waiting years! Because of the great difference in time perception, Jehovah is no example of patience to humans. On the contrary, humans are an example of patience to Jehovah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit