Watchtower Study Today from August 2017 issue " Wait Patiently"

by BluesBrother 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Theme Scripture , James 5 v 8 abbreviated to " You too, exercise patience"

(I guess we know what to expect now)

" How long?" it asks....yes, we have asked that a few times and I am one who reasoned that the time lapse was no longer credible. How can you have an apocalyptic end-time message that has spanned three centuries?

We are told in para 4 that patience is a gift from God, a product of the Holy spirit. So I guess I have lost God's favour........? "Without God's help humans cannot be patient to the degree required"...Hmmmmm.

The aspect that annoys me though is their total lack of responsibility for past failed predictions,

Para 7

To do otherwise​—to wait while complaining and grumbling that Jehovah is not acting fast enough—​would be displeasing to our God

No.....We don't say it is God's fault - we say it is YOURS !

They repeat the assertion later in para 20

So even though we face tests and trials, we are determined to show “a waiting attitude.” Yes, at times we might cry out: “How long, O Jehovah?” (Isa. 6:11) But with the strengthening power of God’s holy spirit, each of us is determined to echo the words of Jeremiah: “Jehovah is my share . . . That is why I will show a waiting attitude for him.

The technique here is to impart the view that to complain against the WTS is ,in fact, complaining against God !..... We don't do that. There is no scripture that says that 1914 started the "time of the end" only they said that. Jesus said the time was not known and we should always live in expectation but never tieing it to a certain date or generation.

You said those things Watchtower - don't pass the buck....

Here is the article

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-august-2017/willing-to-wait-patiently

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Proverbs 13:12 - "Expectation postponed makes the heart sick."

Who exactly created and provided the "expectation" for J.W.'s? Yup, Messrs Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, etc. - and now the 7 dwarfs in Warwick - all contradicting & refuting what Jesus said at Acts 1:7.

Yes CCOJW, you've certainly made millions sick for over 100 years with your false prophecy about "the end."

Thanks for the link B.B. - but no thanks!!! :) Don't want to spoil my Sunday morning.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    You said those things Watchtower - don't pass the buck....

Perfect.

• freddo
    freddo

The Fall Guy said:

".. all contradicting & refuting what Jesus said at Acts 1:7."

I would add ... and Luke 21 v 8 ...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    The technique here is to impart the view that to complain against the WTS is,in fact, complaining against God !.....

Their technique is always to distract attention from their failed prophecies. One my brother used is, we're not serving Jehovah to any date we're serving him forever. That's not the point, the only valid point is, they were wrong. They don't represent God. That's it.

• stillin
    stillin

Even a stupid chicken knows when to get off of an egg that won't hatch.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Brilliant thread!

Yes, the society is NEVER wrong. It is ALWAYS the fault of the flock....

• Reazon22
    Reazon22
    A few months ago I asked my parents about the letter writing campaign to Russia. I said it's the samething as writing your local congressman, they tried to say it's not the samething. So finally I said why didn't they just wait in Jehovah? I told them I'm no longer listening to watch you say, I'm watching what you do. They didn't have answer for me.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

There are several issues which follow from the idea of being patient for the fulfillment of prophecy. Here are two more of them:

The first thing to remember is that real time functioning prophets and those who were called "prophets" were either mad or useless or both. No-one ever gave a "divinely inspired" prophecy which was useful to anyone else.

To believe in prophecy is to declare you have no proper education and that you see the world like a child; chaotic, supernatural and subject to the whims of a spirit world.

If prophecy actually worked then scientists amongst others would use prophets. As it is, prophecies are only broadcast to manipulate the gullible, take for example leaders of cults like the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses; they know that "Bible prophecy" is their trump card in keeping their membership going. Only a few realize the trick being played on the them. The majority of JWs are unthinking true-believers without the curiosity and courage to question governing body's doctrines and predictions, most of which are absurd and plain wrong and have been proved to be so, as Freddo has pointed out, for parts of three centuries.

Secondly the context of the Biblical "end times prophecy" was only to do with Jews under Roman rule. The Jews like all the ancients, were suckers for supernatural omens and quite blatantly the prophecy (mug's game remember) was just for Jews and just for that generation and none other. Luke 21;32,33 and Mark 9;1

The GB and everyone else should have noted that the Bible got it completely wrong so why continue to put faith in the Bible as a book of prophecy?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Hated it today. Thanks blues for highlighting the hypocrisy of it all. I note they also crowed on about Jehovah being patient, backing it up with 2 Peter 3:9 where somehow Jehovah is letting more people be saved by letting countless numbers suffer.

Twisted, pernicious, spiteful bile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit