Holiday booked today...Scared of Flying!

by ScoobySnax 44 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Sheila....breathe in breathe out........

AlanF ....too funny

KGB...thats way out of order

Englishman....I'll have a look for your bar, and say hello for you!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    Good Luck and remember there is a terrorist alert and they are saying possibly like the WTC repeat..........Visit Smiley Central!

wow waa that necessary?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I can remember maybe 3 times that I sat and watched the news in complete awe, like it wasn't happening. The first was the 1991 Gulf war (and later 2003) the second was the death of Diana, and the third and at the most horror and disbelief was Sept.11. Seared into my mind will forever be those airplanes crashing into the towers, the sound and sight of people jumping out, the sick to my stomach feeling at the reaction of mis-guided people in far-east countries congratulating the perpetuators, the pure horror of it all. Ok I hate flying, but don't bring that event into this thread. This is meant to be a bit jokey even if I am scared a bit of flying. THAT was no joke, just horrific. Ok I'll get off my horse now.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I can remember maybe 3 times that I sat and watched the news in complete awe, like it wasn't happening. The first was the 1991 Gulf war (and later 2003) the second was the death of Diana, and the third and at the most horror and disbelief was Sept.11. Seared into my mind will forever be those airplanes crashing into the towers, the sound and sight of people jumping out, the sick to my stomach feeling at the reaction of mis-guided people in far-east countries congratulating the perpetuators, the pure horror of it all. Ok I hate flying, but don't bring that event into this thread. This is meant to be a bit jokey even if I am scared a bit of flying. THAT was no joke, just horrific. Ok I'll get off my horse now.

• aarque
    aarque

Do what I did when flying to Aruba a few years ago:

Bring a few magazines with you to read, and the whole time mutter under your breath, "It's a bus, it's a bus, it's a bus, it's a bus...."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit