So how "worldly" did you get after you left the "truth"

by greenhornet 38 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I now worship the sun (and know that it is worshiping the sun, since it is really a pagan holiday) on purpose for Christmas. I visit material that is critical of the washtowel, and xian religion in general. I got a Ouija board. I listen to whatever music I feel like, including Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, and Billy Idol. (And rap.) I got my stack of silver with money they wanted donated to the washtowel (they deserve nothing).

And, instead of learning what the washtowel wants me to, I learn what I feel like. I want to learn how to heal my pineal gland (hint: Eating at McDonalds every day for lunch is not how to do it). Instead of learning Spanish to preach, I chose to learn German to befuddle the hounders the next time they show up. (I doubt any of them know even a word.) I feel like learning how to get more silver, what type of music is best for my soul (like heavy metal), how to play video games instead of going in field circus, and general things about my computer. Also, I like learning about lands I see fit to, instead of where they want me to go (instead of places like Israel, Nigeria, or Guatemala, I prefer looking at places like New Zealand, Germany, or other parts of America (including Canada and US).

Along with learning German, I have learned a good variety of swear words in German. That way, political correctness hounds cannot understand them, while I still get the satisfaction that comes from swearing without being in trouble for swearing. And, when the hounders come and get me, I hope they are ready for a good barrage of swearing along with the truth about the bible--all in German.

• stillin
    stillin

I became a Witness in my 20's. Made some major changes and cultivated a "moral compass." Most of the major guidelines are still in place, although I smoke a cigar occasionally.

I like being honest. I like being true and loyal to my wedding vows, minus the JW part. I like things like kindness and goodness and common decency.

I like rock and roll, loud if possible. I like sex whenever she is agreeable. (She pretty much has to start things up, I hate rejection.) I like reading books, not the same old drivel. I like action movies; what they are rated is somebody else's concern.

Stupid people irritate me. Drunks, druggies, lazy people, losers. I keep barricades around myself just for them. They suck me in otherwise.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

I swear a bit in French when I'm upset. Example : p.... d. m.... !!!

The connoisseurs of the French language will be able to complete to their liking.

Otherwise nothing else to report.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

" We sometimes say when buying something for the other or the other is buying something, "that's your birthday gift for this year."

Ha Ha Blondie, we do that too!!

Still the same kind, generous and genuine people we were when we were in the cult. NOW....we don't judge and I quit drinking on the level I was drinking as a JW. Funny how that works eh???

Don't care about Christmas! Too lazy to put up a tree and lights to just have to take them down 2 weeks later. lol We usually go on a trip during that time of year. That's our gift to ourselves. We just enjoy hanging out together!

We're pretty boring but we like boring.

• jp1692
    jp1692

I got a college education and became a high school science teacher where I teach young minds how to think for themselves. I followed the Bachelor’s up with a Master’s in Education.

I also took up the study of martial arts. I enjoy the physical fitness aspects of it as well as the confidence I have gained by learning how to defend myself in hand-to-hand combat as well as against weapons whether or not I am also armed.

I watch whatever movies I want, even R-rated ones. Occasionally I’ll smoke a cigar. I tried cannabis oil a couple of times.

I swear whenever I fucking want to, or not

I sleep in on weekends if I want.

I’ve given several presentations at conferences and workshops for current and former cult members on how to heal and rebuild one’s life after leaving a cult.

I now only spend time with people who love and appreciate me for WHO I am, not WHAT I (pretended to) BELIEVE.

In other words: I’m now living my life on my terms, not one dictated to me by some ignorant, uneducated and delusional cult-leader. (Think: Stephen Lett.)

It’s all good.

jp

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I'm able to say "Good Luck" without guilt. That's no little thing by the way.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Met my current wife who was a Wiccan and invited her to an orgy :D

Otherwise all the regular stuff that people do - get a wife, have kids, go to work and don't worry about the end of the world.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Way to go JP1692

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Toesup We went to a church, for a high school graduation. I took a few more paper towels than I would have been able to take at the KH. lol

Do you know how long it took for me to even use two paper towels in a restroom?
  • Biahi
    Biahi

Wow, extra paper towels!! You guys are daring! Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit