The Watchtower—Study Edition | December 2021

by RULES & REGULATIONS 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Abraham1 said:
    Rules and Regulations,
    You did not check the Scriptures I cited (Mathew 13:24-30). It implies God acts to benefit ALL His children, not to any individual here and there. (Mathew 19:28; Romans 2:11)

I beg to differ:

1 John 5:14-15 ESV

And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

John 15:16 ESV

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

Matthew 21:22 ESV

And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

Matthew 7:11 ESV

If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

The sad part is that many pioneers that avoid working will be wondering why Jehovah didn't bail them out when they are evicted and their car is repo'd

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

nowwhat? The sad part is that many pioneers that avoid working will be wondering why Jehovah didn't bail them out when they are evicted and their car is repo'd

My niece and her husband were full time Special Pioneers. The Society gave them a fixed monthly payment to pioneer full time, while they worked part-time jobs.

I just found out that they were let go due to the pandemic. The only pioneering work they did was phone witnessing and mailing out letters. They were let go from the Society. They went to live with her in-laws, because they couldn't manage on their part-time salaries. Jehovah forget to bail them out after serving the Society for over 10 years!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All these examples are made up. Joke-hova just has to boast about a few isolated incidents of "blessing" someone (and how do we know that Satan didn't actually provide these items, even if the story was true in that isolated case?). From then, everyone has to be infinitely thankful to that thing for these incidents, which saves joke-hova from having to do anything else that's any good. I, for one, would rather spend the time that they are wasting in field circus doing work to earn money for food, and save all that stupid wear on the car by not doing field circus.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NOWWHAT?:

Yes, and I’m GLAD I’m nowhere near any of these pioneers who never wanted to work!

When the shit finally hits the fan for these particular JWs (and it has for many by now)..anybody within earshot or arms-length will be targeted to give money or ‘help’ them out because they will be in panic mode. Any responsible people still left in the congregations are going to be hit up for money time after time like they were ATM machines.

Even if I didn’t disagree with many teachings within the JW religion, this situation with all the deadbeats there in and of itself would be a reason I would stay the hell away!

• Overrated
    Overrated

Longhairgal- The Frowning of higher education and pursuing high paying jobs only to spend their time and energy, resources on Watchtower to recruit more suckers. I don't feel sorry for them. No one supported me. What I wanted to do was looked down upon as weak. And now these spiritual superstars come to me for a handout. Where is this Gee-hovah to help them?

• Abraham1
    Abraham1
    RULES & REGULATIONS,

Proverbs 6:6-8 says ants know how to find out its food and how to save even for future. It can also separate sweet from sand even if they are mixed. Jesus knew verses attributed to God suggesting HE ordered genocide, sanctioned divorce for all petty reasons etc but he simply said they are all from human sources, not from God. (Mathew 5:43-48; 19:4-8)

Similarly, when you see absolutely true statement such as ‘God is impartial to all of His children’ (Deuteronomy 10:17; Romans 2:11) you should know that all verses contradicting this truth [i.e. God shows partiality to prayers of some] are all from human source. After saying ‘God made mankind in His image’ in Genesis 5:1, in the very next chapter when you read ‘God repented of making mankind as their tendency is towards evil, hence I am going to wipe out them from earth except one family’ (Genesis 6) you should know that this account is God-dishonoring and dismiss it. Contradictory verses would creep in–this has been foretold (Mathew 13:24-30; Acts 20:28-30) Such contradictory verses are to be treated like verses such as 1 John 5:7; Mark 16:9-20; John 8:2-11 (My Favorite Passage that’s Not in the Bible) Another example, DISFELLOWSHIP ARRANGEMENT is not from God. (Mathew 5:43-48; 1 Thessalonians 5:14, 15) And when you find verses contradicting them, you should list them as anti-Christ, anti-God, and anti-Paul verses. (https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5707938705440768/disfellowship-arrangement-jws-from-god-but-from-uninspired-writers)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OVERRATED:

Yes, you are so right. I hate to sound callous but I was treated so badly. Thankfully, I had the strength of character to stick to my guns and hold onto that job they all hated me for and am Retired.

I also wouldn’t want any of these JW ‘spiritual superstars’ coming up to me for a handout! If I knew of available jobs I would tell them and wish them Good Luck earning a living, which is what they should be doing…When you say where was the ‘creator’ to help them:..we all know the religion gives nothing. And I am angry at the fallacy that is STILL believed or half-believed (even by people on the forum)..that JWs who never wanted to work and are needy as a result are going to get an envelope stuffed with cash! How? Some chump goes around with an envelope cornering unwilling people to contribute money.

I would refuse them rudely which is why I’m Glad to not be in the religion anymore because this is what’s going on there.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

JWs who never wanted to work and are needy as a result are going to get an envelope stuffed with cash!

Agreed, that is what they think will happen, and expect to happen. Right before the plandemic shut down ass-emblies and con-ventions I was corralled by one of those passing the envelope moochers. Could I give some to help the "needy" family to be able to afford going to the con-vention? NO! I suggested perhaps the four members of that family should have refrained from buying the latest, newest, shiniest I Phone, and that they could call members of their own extended hillbilly family for money. That was the bestest ever con-vention I remember. I stayed home.

• Overrated
    Overrated

It's called get a Job and support yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit