The Watchtower—Study Edition | December 2021

by RULES & REGULATIONS 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Matthew 7:7-11
    New International Version

Ask, Seek, Knock

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

They didn't even pray for these things Jehovah just knew their needs, amazing!

If you are in the ministry (doing what the Watchtower says) Jehovah will take care of you.

Leave the ministry (doing what the Watchtower says) you are fucked.

Lesson: Do what the Watchtower says and all is well.

• waton
    waton

we know that the end of the world is coming, because the universe is not old enough to have these, andre, grocery, car events happen by pure lottery- type odds, chance.

• Gorb
    Gorb

Fun.

The people who write laugh from their bureau.

G.

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

I think, the hidden-in-plain-sight element is: this couple is working for the WT corporation, probably they are Full Time Servants or Missionaries, (mercenaries?). So no matter what, they are not the am ha'aretz.

They are treated as representatives of God, servants of a sacred ministry, idols by the clueless JWs. Even if simple JWs don't have anything to eat, they would give/offer whatever they have to those missionaries.

Rank and file will never receive similar "help from God", consequently all the stories are centered around WT corporation personnel (Bethelites, Field Servants, remote volunteers or those who have a written contract with WT).

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    The brother explained: “After the meeting, we invited the sisters for a meal, but then we realized that we had nothing to offer them.”

Sorry, I'm still stuck on this part.

I'm certainly not OCD or anything, but I pretty much have a good idea of whether I have food in my house, and more or less how much. All the time. I'd most certainly know it, and it would be front and center in my mind, if I had [none].

So, they invited the sisters for a meal but somehow forgot they had no food?

Let's see if that's a realistic experience....

"Sure. I'll drive you home from the doctor's office....[2 hours later] wait, I forgot I don't own a car."

"Sure, I'll take care of your cat for 2 weeks while you're on vacation....[after they've gone] wait, I forgot I'm allergic to cats."

"Sure, I'll go with you on your hike through the Grand Canyon....wait, I forgot I'm quadriplegic."

Apparently the WTS writers take us for idiots.

Sadly, most of their readers are.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Where was Jehovah(tm) here? Tea break? Smoko? The khazi?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillelid_murders

The Watchtower won't mention this.

the Lillelid family, who were returning from a religious convention.

What Wiki has now edited out (hmmmm, wonder why?), is that they were coming back from a JW convention.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Punky, some goofy dub would say they were harboring a “secret sin”. Lol

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The Great Jehoover can supply shopping bags or KH materials miraculously yet sisters who get raped or killed are seemingly not on his radar.

• carla
    carla
    The rest of the story; our Christian neighbors saw how little we had and were often hungry, guess they saw us dumpster diving one day and led them to leave groceries on our step. Our vehicle was an old vintage Mopar that is highly sought after by gear heads but we were hanging onto it because it was fun and reminded us of our pre jw teen days cruising around trying to pick up girls and look cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit