The Watchtower—Study Edition | December 2021

by RULES & REGULATIONS 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

December 2021

STUDY ARTICLE 50

Listen to the Voice of the Fine Shepherd

9 Consider an experience that illustrates how Jehovah can care for our material needs. A couple in full-time service drove over an hour in their old car to pick up some sisters living at a refugee center and take them to a Christian meeting. The brother explained: “After the meeting, we invited the sisters for a meal, but then we realized that we had nothing to offer them.” What would the couple do? The brother continued: “When we arrived home, there sat two big shopping bags of food in front of our door. We did not know who had left them there. Jehovah took care of us.” Sometime later, the couple’s car broke down. They needed it for their ministry; however, they had no money to repair it. While the car was being looked over at a nearby garage, a man came in and asked: “Whose car is that?” The brother said that it was his and that it needed repair. The man replied: “That does not matter. My wife wants this type of car and exactly in that color. How much do you want for it?” The brother ended up with enough money to buy another car. He concluded: “I do not need to explain how we felt at the end of the day. We knew that this was no coincidence. It was Jehovah’s hand.”

You have to ask a lot of questions about these experiences! A couple realize they hardly have any food to offer these sisters. All of a sudden two big shopping bags of food are waiting at their front door. Did Jehovah know what kind of food they needed? How did Jehovah inform someone to purchase food for this couple? How did the deliverers of these two big shopping bags of food know where they lived?

We knew that this was no coincidence. It was Jehovah’s hand.”

This same couple have more problems. Their car needs repairs. Does their car break down while they need transportation to work? No, they need it for the ministry work. That's more important than work. By chance, a man buys their car that needs repairs, has a wife that wants the exact type of car, and EXACTLY the same color.

The last time I brought in my truck for repairs, I don't remember anyone wanting to buy my truck. I guess Jehovah only listens to the material needs of Jehovah's Witnesses!

We knew that this was no coincidence. It was Jehovah’s hand.”

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

And meanwhile there are children being sexually abused by JDub minstrel serpents and eldurrs. I guess their needs do not count. Or what about any child who is starving to death? Every hour of every day, 300 children die because of malnutrition.

Too bad tony more-ass couldn't kick loose of a few dollars for them out of his scotch fund!

• asp59
    asp59

Read this examples think back 80s of 90s in wt. Strange they pulling up this old magazines in a time when there are no real meetings or doot to door. Thought Watchtower was all abouth current events.

• Overrated
    Overrated

When I read or hear these events it just makes you say "Right?!?"

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

FedUpJW...

Tony More-Ass!

😀 👍

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I love those kind of stories! They are SO presumptuous.

Jehovah gives them food and a new vehicle. Damn! Ain't that great!

But he did not hear the prayers of the young JW woman that was raped and murdered by another JW guy in her Cong and her body thrown along the rural road. However the family/Cong spokesman said that the body was in such a remote location and winter was nearing that for the search parties to have found her body was clearly divine direction from Joe Hoover.

Too damn bad he didn't show up on the scene soon enough to save her life. Must have been too busy busying groceries.

• Abraham1
    Abraham1
    (God never acts according to requirements we make through our prayer.

"And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground." (Luke 22:44) God did not fulfill what Jesus prayed for.

When Paul prayed, God responded: "is “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 cor 12:9)

This is because God acts in large scale, and we think in small scale, being reduced to localized needs. (Mathew 13:24-30)
  • Overrated
    Overrated

What about the many prayers of those of Holocaust? God is real selective on who he answers or maybe he was in the can those months.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    This is because God acts in large scale, and we think in small scale, being reduced to localized needs. (Mathew 13:24-30)

Abraham 1

If tomorrow you had to be admitted to a hospital with Covid-19, cancer or any life threatening illness, which would you choose:

A : Have Doctors and Nurses help you with all their knowledge, medical care, medicines, life saving equipment

B: Be admitted in a room without any medical staff, equipment, medicines. All you have is prayer to save you. Hope that God acts in a large scale...

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

Rules and Regulations,

You did not check the Scriptures I cited (Mathew 13:24-30). It implies God acts to benefit ALL His children, not to any individual here and there. (Mathew 19:28; Romans 2:11)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit