some elders are taught to punish not to Shepard .

by poopie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper
    The title of this thread should be : " ALL elders are taught to punish not to shepherd "
  • thankyou
    thankyou

Watchtower-Free,

Congratulations and Blessings for being Watchtower-free !

Thank you so much for posting the video.

As a non JW, I came onto this forum to "learn about" JW.

This video demonstrates the devastating mental-emotional-"spiritual" control this organization has over the members.

Until now I did not realize what my JW "girl-friend of sorts" has been dealing with internally and facing externally in the JW org. No wonder she's been terrified.

I will have a new found compassion for her now.

And, I realize now why so many folks have posted that a JWperson needs to "see the light" on their own and want to get out before an outsider could have any positive influence over them.

Thank you again so much.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

I remember a WTBTS letter some time ago which conveyed the expectation of elders maintaining a weekly contact with all those individuals assigned to their group. Following the letter I noted my group overseer would text me were I to absent myself from a meeting. Since the letter I have had 3 requests to make myself available for shepherding visits for the purpose of "encouragement" and "reaching out". The behavioural profile of the elders I know fits that of policing in the sense of monitoring. When I talk to someone in the KH, I see the same elders watching me despite their conversing with others! They lack the EQ necessary to police with finesse. I'd be more at ease with a uniformed police officer than a WT elder.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    there are different types of elders. Having said that, the BOE is led by the biggest bully. the biggest bully gets to say who gets f***ed over and who gets elavated.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    At least real shepherds look after their sheep before they eat them...
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I can recall hearing something similar about weekly contact with individuals assigned to certain groups. Elders are instructed to get cell #'s and home #'s from each one in their group and either text or call on one's who weren't present.

This would make it easier for the elders(henchmen) to sniff out doubters or apostates. Not to mention the drop in visits unannounced.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

I terminated the practice of elders texting me by saying that I didn't consent to my details being used for the purpose of monitoring. They stated they just wanted to make sure I was all right. I reminded them that if I were not all right, I have access to medical resources as do they and repeated that I do not consent. No more texts have been received.

Re their wanting to have a shepherding visit I explained: "Thank you brother but 'Jehovah is my shepherd. I shall lack nothing.'" They were a bit red faced and probably spread the word as I haven't been approached for a visit by any of them in a long long time.

The word has spread beyond the BoE however and I am de facto shunned by many. But I can live with that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit