some elders are taught to punish not to Shepard .

by poopie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    Has that been your experience.
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Unless they are dealing with a pedo or rapist. There exists no punishment for them, just concealment,

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Unfortunately the org talks about elders not being police but then encourages them to be that very thing by default. There is always a great deal of emphasis at elders schools regarding punishment for various offenses against the church or church policy. Thats generally the focus of those meetings in their whole... Its a shame but truly punishmenf comes before most else in the org, even for men who otherwise wouldnt view things that aay.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It's my understanding that Eldubs these days are ''instructed'' to disfellowship much quicker and reinstate slower. IMHO, they are more ''punitive'' than before.

On a side note, usually only individual elders would do a drop in/drop by visit. Now, seldom does one elder drop in for visits. It's always, always 2 elders these days. I think they're trying to get ''weak'' ones to admit something so they can arrange a JC to remove someone.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Gotta watch the phone calls as well. They may call and try to get something out of you but little do you know that they are on speaker phone and blamo!! 2 witnesses.

Ive seen that personally.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    Jeffrey Jackson said under oath that elders do not police the R&F. So, I guess you are wrong....
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

some elders are taught to punish not to Shepard .

Until Your Re-instated......Sit At The Back Of The Kingdom Hall..

.................................................And..

...........................DON`T ANSWER AT MEETINGS..

..http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91/miasmicoverlord8/executioner.gif

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    And eldubs do go through weekend courses/schools. They undoubtedly have training videos, which are leaked on here occasionally. Videos on how to be less ''soft-hearted''. To judge mercilessly. You can see it body language, eye movements. Disgusting.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ultimate hypocrisy too. I understand the Eldubs, if one of them commits ''gross- wrongdoing'' he may be exempt. He may/will likely have to step down from his position. But if I understand correctly, if a long time passes like 2 or 3 years, he may be exempt from any ''punitive'' measures by the Eldub body. And he may even regain his status as Elder after that 2 or 3 year stretch passes.

Something along those lines, if I understand correctly. Such hypocrisy!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In the vernacular of JWS punishing is shepherding as a Shepard has to on occasion has to use his staff to punish the sheep when they need forceful direction or when they are not in a obedience.

Since the JWS try to emulate the social behaviors of the ancient Hebrews, physical punishment was deemed appropriate for slaves, wives or children.

Spare the rod spoil the child and likewise.

Apostates were to be killed , children were to be killed for bringing dishonor toward their parents and so on.

From that position or sociological perspective is it any wonder why the JWS heads think DFing people from all their family and friends is loving and righteously directed and supported by the bible's directions ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit