Out Of All TV Shows Over The Years Which Were Your Favorites?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I also liked: (I'm showing my age when I was a kid) .....

3 Stooges (with Curly)

Ed Sullivan (we have a really, really, really big shoooooe (show) for you tonight)

Jackie Gleason (again, as a little kid with no option to change the channel)

The Lone Ranger (reruns)

I Love Lucy

Green Acres

Beverly Hillbillies

The Munsters

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I find some of the shows from the 1960s and early 1970s better than the garbage we have today. Batman, Nanny and the Professor, My Three Sons, Leave It to Beaver, Gilligan's Island (a classic to this day), and similar shows that actually have a theme in each episode are better than this trash that is intended only as a distraction. I also hate that today's trash features political correctness--to me, that is worse than any of the violence and sex found in many shows. I will take the violence and swearing, nudity, and sexual content instead of the political correctness any day.

And, whatever happened to the quiz shows from the period between 1968 and the late 1980s? Three On a Match, Who What Where, Jackpot, Winning Streak, Name That Tune, The Magnificent Marble Machine, classic Wheel of Fortune, Bullseye, Press Your Luck (a big favorite), and similar shows are gone. Instead, you get Political Correctness called reality TV Garbage. I also liked the specials we used to get--including physical challenge type shows like Almost Anything Goes, and some of the classic Disney shows that used to come in the mid 1970s but aren't even available as pirated material these days.

These days, about the only modern TV shows that are any good come from amateur videos, the occasional home improvement shows, science (and even that is infested with political correctness), and the weather report (even that has been infested with political correctness as well). I simply despise those sit-coms and reality shows that push "white-people-are-all-evil-and-must-go", race baiting, philo-Semitism, race polluting and mixing, and warped gender identities. And, after that stunt that Political Correctness ball (formerly known as basketball) pulled in May 2014, where someone pulled an old post where the owner of the Clippers wanted a specific type of person for a specific photo, and trashed this person's future for this, I simply will not support the National Political Correctness Ball League in any way, shape, or form (formerly known as the National Basketball League).

About the only thing that is even worse these days is church garbage.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The Waltons ,The Adam`s Family. The honeymooners ,The Jackie Gleason Show, the old Lost In Space , the old Dr.Who, the old Star Trek series. The Twilight Zone , Mr. Ed , The Mary Tyler Moore Show.The Andy Griffiths Show.

F Troop ,Dobie Gillis .

• Biahi
    Biahi

Don’t forget Gilligans Island!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm a Limey from Englandland, so for me it's ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KE0njnZXyY

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Let me add Benny Hill to my list. And Lost in Space.

My problem with Batman, was that it was on in our area two nights a week, Wed and Thur.

I saw the first part of the show, Wed., but we had our meeting on Thur. and unless I was sick or it was Circuit Assembly week, I never saw how Batman and Robin got out of the life-threatening situation they were in.

• just fine
    just fine

Hill Street Blues - we used to come home from the Thursday night meeting and watch.

For a more recent pick I am loving Yellowstone.

• jaydee
    jaydee

One of my faves would have to be Minder ...It used to air on a Tuesday Night here, So I would set the video to tape it , and hope like hell all through the meeting that it came out. I still chuck in a DVD from time to time for a bit of a catch up .

I also love One foot in the grave .....still makes me laugh.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WIZARD:

I totally agree with you and others that those old shows are the best.👍🏻

The new ones of today suck with their politically correct themes. Do they think the viewing public is stupid or so vulnerable to suggestion??..Maybe some are, but I’m not.

But, I do like CSI Miami...Once or twice they will slip in a politically correct episode or comments. Well, if it’s too nauseating, I just change the channel. You’d never catch me watching the newer Saturday Night Live!..As far as the National Political Correctness Ball League..I don’t care for sports anyway and don’t even know who they are!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

House of Cards

Madam Secretary

The Good Wife

All are "binge-worthy" in these times of CV-19.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit