Notable changes of the JWs org, in the last five years or so

by glenster 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• glenster
    glenster
    I've been updating the links at my web site and I'm working on the GTJ
    Brooklyn pages now. What would you say are the several biggest changes
    in the JWs organization/rules in the last five years or so?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Probably the 180degree turn on the internet. Not 5 years ago, the Borg was so dead against the internet. Now it's'' jw.org, jw.org,jw.org, jw.org'', blah,, blah all you ever hear about.

And those ridiculous broadcasts. Something which is more and more like the TV evangelicals all the time.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    OMG there have been so many. I think the one that was so unbelievable that even apostates themselves thought it couldn't be true was placing the flags on the KH in Chile. But I suppose inside the jw community this isn't big news because they simply don't know about it.
  • The freewheeling
    The freewheeling
    I think the undoubtedly biggest change was when the governing body appointed them selves as the faithful slave. Maybe the biggest change in fiftie years.
  • talesin
    talesin
    The JW dot org logo and major 'branding' (videos, movies, pins, tv channel, GB celebrities, you name it). Literature carts in parks, malls, etc.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I think the undoubtedly biggest change was when the governing body appointed them selves as the faithful slave. Maybe the biggest change in fiftie years.''

yeah, and people were sure talking when the GB appointed themselves as the faithful slave, and still are talking.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Lack of money
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Thumbs up to Freewheeling. The GB making themselves the Faithful and Discreet Slave was jaw dropping to me.

If I hadn't already been out for years that would have opened my eyes a bit.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Lack of money''

True, very true. I don't know if it's just me, but I can't seem to recall anybody in the rank and file questioning or ''murmuring'' about all the money-grubbing. They probably just soak it up as ''spiritual food and practising unquestioning obedience.''

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Yep.....the GB aka 7 dudes in Brooklyn New York are 'The faithful and discreet slave' which provides the spiritual food to ALL Christians throughout the earth. Christians of course ONLY being Jehovah's witnesses!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit